Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Well that was fun!

Oh crap, now they have to get the ball back to the Arizona offense and it's going to be boring again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Steve Willks? More like Steve Won'tks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

They should probably end this after the first quarter and have both teams go out together for pizza and ice cream because they both put in such a good effort. :unsmith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

You know how after you watch a team for a little while you kind of get an idea of what their office is supposed to be? Like a bruising rushing attack, deep passing game, etc? What in the hell is this Cardinals offense supposed to be? They suck. Obviously they suck but what is it they're actually trying to do?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

420_Power_Rangers posted:

So, I just turned on this game. The Cardinals are... not good.

*sarcastic voice* NOOOOOOOO, REALLY?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

So final score, 112 to 12?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Seriously, what is this offense doing? The plays just seem random like there is no connection from one to the next, and Rosen looks like he's picking each subsequent target's name out of a hat.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

pmchem posted:

LOL Aikman saying they should just punt on third downs

If boring garbage-rear end suckman Troy Aikman feels comfortable throwing shade at your team, you know you suck.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

aperion posted:

Real talk, I'm gonna try to lay out why Mike McCoy (Cardinals OC) is utter poo poo. Because this game is everything I saw when he was the head coach for the Chargers (San Diego variety).

1. Runs up the gut all day every day. In San Diego, Rivers would line up in shotgun for most all run games, and it was obvious. Defenses could stack the box because they didn't fear Melvin Gordon going anywhere except up the center's rear end. David Johnson does not have the offensive line or the skills to power run like that. He's loving fast, he needs to bounce to the outside. He kicks the poo poo out of defensive secondary players in open space.
2. Run > Run > Pass > Punt. Also known as 'trying to establish the run'. McCoy is obsessed with establishing the run, even when he's got one of the best QBs available.
3. McCoy doesn't actually have an offensive identity in mind. I said it sarcastically earlier, but he really would say he runs the Erhardt-Perkins system in response to the question of "What do we do?"
4. He doesn't communicate worth a poo poo. Three times tonight, the play was either confused or too late. Blowing timeouts in that fashion is entirely too familiar to me. Now the Cardinals have it. To expand on this point, McCoy had this problem with Ken Whisenhunt as his OC, then Frank Reich, then Whisenhunt again, now he's OC and it's happening again.
5. Another problem with McCoy not communicating -- he can't tell you what sort of players he needs because he doesn't have any talent in player evaluations at all. He plugs them into HIS system. He doesn't change his system for the personnel available. Ever. The only times he's been successful, he blindsided other teams with an unpredictable Tim Teebow, then Peyton Manning who could overcome his lovely playcalling, then a season with Rivers who could overcome his lovely playcalling, but even that wore off after long enough.
6. When he became HC for the Chargers in 2013, he had a good playbook, which I assume he built that offseason because it was his job. But he has not updated his playbook since. Seeing the Cards play tonight, it's loving predictable as ever. He made the playoffs that year despite all odds as a rookie head coach. But the year after, nothing changed. And the year after that, and after that. And lo and loving behold, the Chargers got worse with every year offensively.

Yeah, that's a lot of words to say Mike McCoy shouldn't be employed in football for any reason ever. But I don't feel like I've missed any of this game typing this poo poo up.

Just needs to be reposted in another thread so it isn't lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Jesus christ

• Locked thread