Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

So far I'm liking the characters here more than the characters in Oregairu. But that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The banter between our main guy and Mai is good. Just enough teasing and back and forth to be interesting, and a decent amount of deadpan delivery that upends the expected dialogue path.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

This reminds me of Sakurada Reset more then Monogatari personally.
Might just be because the main character has the same voice actor though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Demicol posted:

This reminds me of Sakurada Reset more then Monogatari personally.
Might just be because the main character has the same voice actor though.
Was that show any good? I've read middling things somewhere, and apparently it adapted a fully completed novel series, as opposed to the usual deal of just adapting 2 or 3 volumes and calling it a day.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wark Say posted:

Was that show any good? I've read middling things somewhere, and apparently it adapted a fully completed novel series, as opposed to the usual deal of just adapting 2 or 3 volumes and calling it a day.

I dropped it partway through, which I almost never do. I just couldn't maintain interest in it anymore.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It turns out true friendship is created by stomping someone in the face and shouting about your sexual inexperience.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

New episode is out. It's great as usual. Lots of good banter in this one.

Sakuta continues to be the man.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

It turns out true friendship is created by stomping someone in the face and shouting about your sexual inexperience.

Never before has someone shouting about their virginity been such an amazing battle cry

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Exia posted:

Never before has someone shouting about their virginity been such an amazing battle cry

Weird flex but okay.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Initially I passed over this show due to the title, but the thread did a good enough job of convincing me to watch it! Definitely getting a SNAFU feel from the banter, but I like how in this show the two main leads have already (almost) established a relationship in the span of ~3-4 episodes. Mai is great. And it’s nice to see Sakuta have a spine.

That next episode preview, though. I’m predicting a ton of irritating time loops. All I want is for the new girl to leave Sakuta and Mai’s romance alone :mad:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

:discourse:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sakuta no stop, you're being too cool.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 1, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Need her arc immediately.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

chumbler posted:

Need her arc immediately.

She's going to build some kind of Adolescence-syndrome powered love-beam.

Sports dude is so oblivious he just thinks he's hungry.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
This show is pretty great and the main characters have fantastic chemistry. Too bad about the weird title.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
I gotta say, the comedy works because the characters are... mature. Like if this line was in Overlord or some other hoes-jump-the-virgin show, the follow-up would be BUH BUH BAKA PERVERT HOW DARE YOU but this one's pretty funny.

I gotta say, if you can get past the :spooky: Shrodinger's :spooky: Cat :spooky: plot device, the characters are really likeable.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Kinda weird to suggest someone would need to "get past" an attempt by teenagers at explaining the thing underlying the inciting incident of the plot. Especially when the fact that said thing is a metaphor for social problems is about as obvious as a brick to the face.

"The characters in Star trek are super likeable if you can get past all that spaceships and aliens nonsense."

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
It's just really obnoxious to hear the cat used as justification for magic being real, considering how often it comes up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What I'm understanding here is that you like the show overall but just wish that 2nd best girl would've used literally any other example to explain Puberty Syndrome. I can dig that.

Best Girl still Mai. Fight me. :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Best Girl still Mai. Fight me. :colbert:

Those with power rarely have correct opinions.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
Who else is best girl? The sister? :frogsiren:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

KomeradeCanadian posted:

Who else is best girl? The sister? :frogsiren:

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
Oh god, ep3 that confession. So cringey, and so adorable at the same time.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
This show makes me cringe and keep watching

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Mai is very obviously best girl but I can understand how one could become confused and think Futaba is, she is extremely good.

I wouldn't have thought this would be a show I'd like but after hearing it was good I checked it out and I love Sakuta and Mai's dynamic. The fourth episode made me worried but I now feel much better after catching up. It seems rare to find a couple in anime who are as enjoyable to watch as these two are, and Sakuta in particular seems like a rare breed of male anime protagonist who's funny and assertive and manages to have a brand of perviness that isn't annoying which I have never encountered before.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
I hope the show doesn't go for a harem approach. The relationship he has with Mai is pretty endearing.

Actually all relationships with girls are great, but changing romantic interest would mess with the chemistry of the show.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Tomoe's friends dropped the ball when she was in trouble, but she also needed to have placed some faith in them in the first place to have asked them for help.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man, when the shows really wants to rack up the pseudoscience it really knows how to. Quantum entanglement, my rear end (literally)

But hey, bunny suit's back.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This is so unrealistic. That observation platform would never have so few visitors, especially not at the beginning of summer break.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 23, 2021

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This episode justified this arc for me. I'm gonna fully trust this show going forward, it knows what it's doing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
butt entanglement

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
That resolved a lot more pleasantly than I thought it would. Pretty good episode!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's nice to see a show with multiple girls that doesn't fall into a harem. Senjougahara is my favorite character in Monogatari and it sucked to see her get less and less screentime. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Mai but thankfully it looks like it won't.

Also I loved the explanation for why Sakuta was also part of the time loop.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
I'm glad it didn't go harem. Yeah the pseudoscience is helladumb, but the characters are so likeable that I stop caring. Also I nearly jumped from my seat when I realized IT WAS ALL A FLASH FORWARD OH MY GOD

But, who is that girl in the end credits?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's the girl Sakuta was in love with before he met Mai. He mentioned her in his backstory.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Are we seriously calling all soft sci-fi psuedo science now? Is that a thing people have seriously decided to do?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Don't forget that Futaba is just a high-schooler throwing out theories, not an actual quantum physicist.

She's still great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She's definitely making all this up as she goes along. sounds smart to sakuta though so he believes it.