Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just caught up with the whole show and holy poo poo this is real close to edging out Rakugo as my favorite drama. The writing/directing in this show is so loving good on so many levels. Everything from the fun dialogue between Sakuta and the cast to the the show's handling of its overarching themes to how subtly they grow Sakuta and Mai's romance so it doesn't overwhelm the story of the current act while also carefully setting up for future acts... and after all that the ed shows up and capstones each episode beautifully. God drat I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah the VA work at the end was a brilliant touch.

As for the bruising, I think they might be related to stress. We saw them actively spread when she started having a panic attack, and they disappeared after she had time to calm down. As for how it resolves... I think I'm less interested in how it resolves so much as how Sakuta deals with the change. The only thing throughout the show that we've seen really phase Sakuta is Kaede and his relationship to her. And the show clearly showed Sakuta starting to break down after hearing old Kaede return. While the puzzle here might be how to deal with Kaede's dissociative disorder, I think Sakuta will be the one that needs fixing in the end.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
My tear ducts are not ready.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Not quite as satisfying an ending as I was hoping for. I wish Sakuta was given more time to grieve over the loss of panda-imouto Kaede and reconnect with og Kaede, because all of that was pretty rushed. I was also surprised there was no drama around whether or not og Kaede would stick or whether she would regress to panda-imouto Kaede. Suddenly this last episode was mostly a Shouko movie setup and some uncharacteristically awkward drama with Mai, which might also be movie setup.

I'm disappointed they dropped the ball like this on what was likely to be my favorite show of the year.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Homura and Sickle posted:

idk pups is from the part of america where hes never seen a bus before

Except bus service is also generally garbage.

In short, America is terrible at literally all public transit infrastructure because being good at it would hurt the auto industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

MJP posted:

Okay, so I'm a bit confused by the mechanics but I think I have a good one-liner summary.

Imagine four Shoko Makinoharas on the edge of a cliff

Oh god.

I'm so in.