Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

leftwich broke his own ribs diving into the endzone and couldn't finish the game. For me, it's up there with buttfumble level of self-own

If Leftwich doesn't hurt himself on that play Steelers are in the playoffs and Flacco never wins a superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why would the Steelers being in the playoffs stop anyone from winning a Superbowl?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why would the Steelers being in the playoffs stop anyone from winning a Superbowl?

They'd have taken Baltimore's spot. Both would have been 9-7 with Pit having a head to head sweep.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Im the coach who still uses Derek Henry when Dion Lewis is on my team.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
What a dumb 2pt conversion play. The Titans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Well that wasn't ideal, but a win is a win.

Offense was obviously hampered without Melvin Gordon. Defense looked bad.

Escaping with a win going into the bye rules. 5-2. Wow.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
If the Titans could've prevented either of those big plays they would've had it. A slim margin when you have to rely on huge plays like that to win

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Congrats Panthers you actually know how to finish a game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Fire Jim Schwartz into the loving sun right loving now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Wentz lost that game with two abysmal decisions at the end (in addition to a terrible fourth quarter overall)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

indigi posted:

Wentz lost that game with two abysmal decisions at the end (in addition to a terrible fourth quarter overall)
I'm not completely absolving Wentz but playcalling in the 4th was atrocious. They abandoned the run and it hosed them

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Also they should've ran on that 3rd and 2 when then had 2 timeouts. That whole sequence was just piss poor

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Ready 4 Thursday

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1054102036256616448

mutiny~~~~~~~~

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

shyduck posted:

Also they should've ran on that 3rd and 2 when then had 2 timeouts. That whole sequence was just piss poor

eh, two receivers were wide open on that play. Wentz just wanted it all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mutiny on the Bortles

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

So it turns out that Derek Anderson is also not the answer at QB.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

go the panthers bitch

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I mean I’ve heard of throwing poo poo at a wall to see what sticks, but I thought it was a metaphor

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Also that the Bills are dumb and bad.
Trubisky is also bad and actively holding the Bears back. Is he Blake Bortles 2.0 or Josh Allen 0.5?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I saw some real poo poo QBs and then I realized that Colin Kaepernick is sitting on his couch somewhere counting his Nike money instead of playing because owners would rather poo poo in their own hands than acknowledge violence against minorities.

Our country is dying.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I did the math, and Cam Newton officially had 201 passing yards in the 4th quarter, including 3 TDs, a 2 pt. conversion, and a 35 yard pass to Torrey Smith on a 4th and 10.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Detroit Blue Football Cats are .500, with all of their wins coming against teams that are currently over .500. They also had their best rushing day (248 yds) since 1997.

What a world.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A wire to wire Texans win, I didn't know those were even allowed

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Man. The Browns still don't quite have it.

Nick Bosa here we come.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tonygrossi/status/1054110197843660800?s=21

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Well another week another crushing overtime loss for da Browns. Almost always almost winning, but finding new ways to blow it every time.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

Well another week another crushing overtime loss for da Browns. Almost always almost winning, but finding new ways to blow it every time.

That is Cleveland sports. Not just Browns. How many times have the Cavs and Indians made it to the wire or to the finals only to let down? Too many. TWICE the Indians made it to 2 outs left to go and lost in the 7th game of the World Series.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

God what a clutch loving field goal to save a game that shouldn't have needed saving.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Was that the fourth or the fifth OT game for the Browns this year?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

I did the math, and Cam Newton officially had 201 passing yards in the 4th quarter, including 3 TDs, a 2 pt. conversion, and a 35 yard pass to Torrey Smith on a 4th and 10.

that's some good math you got there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I see the Bears did some maximum Bearsing today

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Was that the fourth or the fifth OT game for the Browns this year?

Was just wondering about this. It's been since 1973 I think someone said since anyone had two ties in a season, but what is the record for most overtimes played in a season?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/PrescottRossi/status/1054111926245036032

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Bills got one more win this year, and it will be against the jets. I bet the bears blow um out something hardcore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

one time Derek Anderson had to come into a game because cam lost his helmet or something and the cameras caught him putting a huge wad of dip in his mouth before putting his helmet on

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

one time Derek Anderson had to come into a game because cam lost his helmet or something and the cameras caught him putting a huge wad of dip in his mouth before putting his helmet on

Was that the game where they 'benched' Cam for a single play because he broke the dress code or something dumb and Anderson threw a pick in that one play?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Was that the game where they 'benched' Cam for a single play because he broke the dress code or something dumb and Anderson threw a pick in that one play?

No this was another game.

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1054113836574433280

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Just make the bills and the browns one team at this point, what could it hurt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I am glad I missed the entire second-half of the greatest comeback in Panthers history because my kids had meltdowns about watching Beccas Bunch.

• Locked thread