Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1054085953151778817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grittybeard posted:

Was just wondering about this. It's been since 1973 I think someone said since anyone had two ties in a season, but what is the record for most overtimes played in a season?

The Browns have 4 this year and they says the record was 5 by some 80s Bucs team.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

pull your pants up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

waah posted:

I am glad I missed the entire second-half of the greatest comeback in Panthers history because my kids had meltdowns about watching Beccas Bunch.

I went to the gym at half time and missed all but the last minute

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jaguars really should have traded for Teddy when they had the chance.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
WarBortles used BENCH; it’s not very effective.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Was just wondering about this. It's been since 1973 I think someone said since anyone had two ties in a season, but what is the record for most overtimes played in a season?

Four teams with two ties each. And the Titans had a really bad... waitaminute.

Sono fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 21, 2018

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Of all the possible reasons for Baltimore to lose, that was not the one I expected.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Justin Tucker had never missed and extra point in his entire career until just now. 222 straight. WOW

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Justin Tucker had never missed and extra point in his entire career until just now. 222 straight. WOW

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That's why aggressive playcalling is such a good idea. If Saints don't get that extra FG the Ravens would've won on that TD.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Beast, but still lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Had to run out right after that game, but wow, I can't believe the Pats gave up a hail mary then tackled the dude right outside the goalline.

also I hope to god one of these dead teams wants to trade a running back for a late round pick, because eesh the Patriots don't even have Brandon Bolden to eat carries right now.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

*justin tucker at his locker to himself* maybe....maybe i shouldnt hook them

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1054148853778276352

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Should have gone for 2. I won't rag on them too bad for it cause it's definitely risky. But you are driving and have a chance to(likely) win right there instead of giving the ball back to Brees where one TD will win where our top CB is out. I let my offense try for 2 there.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

your brain is just a hot wheels track running around a poo poo pile labeled Ravens Suck

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The Saints... don't suck.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Of all the ways to lose I'm ok with that one. I don't feel as bad. I feel like we don't look like jobbers to Drew Brees' legacy since it was just a kicker's error(with maybe a slight gust to assist). Still a huge loss, and next week will likely be a defensive stalemate coin toss against the Panthers. We are probably out of the playoffs now. And I'm kinda glad becuase I don't want to go to the SB against that team.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

your brain is just a hot wheels track running around a poo poo pile labeled Ravens Suck

We didn't suck today. We weren't our best but we were alright. Saints were about at the same level, slightly better on offense. Their defense was bad at the end but didn't matter. This was two pretty even teams where we lost due to a weird variance thing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

The Saints... don't suck.

5-1? Don't mind if I do.

Minny and the Rams are going to be drat tough though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

A perfect time to do so, if you ask me. More memorable this way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

A perfect time to do so, if you ask me. More memorable this way.

You never forget your first

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1054153165929504768

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh was there an offside too? I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the call. Yeah I guess that might have forced the ref to call it.

I mean if there's a time you're going to be selling out to block a kick and going on first motion.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hmmm

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1054153717086281729

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Counterpoint, before today they were the only team the Colts beat.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

u mad

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Oh my God the Cowboys lost on a doink too, this is the best day ever

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
All things considered, I probably would have felt worse if the offense failed to score the touchdown. Missed kicks happen, but I've been conditioned to not trust the Ravens offensive if given even the slightest opportunity. Definitely not as down on them as Kawalimus, and still think they'll make the playoffs, but it does give them less room for error moving forward.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So today we had both a team going for 2 lose and a team lose on a failed point after, and the doink hear around Texas, it has been a good day.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Arkhams Razor posted:

All things considered, I probably would have felt worse if the offense failed to score the touchdown. Missed kicks happen, but I've been conditioned to not trust the Ravens offensive if given even the slightest opportunity. Definitely not as down on them as Kawalimus, and still think they'll make the playoffs, but it does give them less room for error moving forward.

I'm not down on our offense at all though? Maybe our running game. I don't even think I really bashed them at all in this game except maybe Allen a little

I wouldn't call our offense amazing or on the level of the top teams. But this is the best it's been maybe the entire decade. Only year it was nearly like this was the Kubiak year. Not counting the playoff stretch in 2012 as a whole year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Elephanthead posted:

So today we had both a team going for 2 lose and a team lose on a failed point after, and the doink hear around Texas, it has been a good day.

Don't forget a successful completed hail mary that ended up a yard short.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'm also looking forward to SNF for extreme football happiness reasons

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

We also got a scorigami

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Counterpoint, before today they were the only team the Colts beat.

Yeah, but the Colts aren't nearly as bad as their record would make someone think.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I know it would have been better for the Eagles if the Redskins lost but boy does it feel good knowing Jerry and Skip Bayless are having a bad night.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I'm not down on our offense at all though? Maybe our running game. I don't even think I really bashed them at all in this game except maybe Allen a little

I wouldn't call our offense amazing or on the level of the top teams. But this is the best it's been maybe the entire decade. Only year it was nearly like this was the Kubiak year. Not counting the playoff stretch in 2012 as a whole year.

Sorry, meant the team as a whole, not the offense. I agree with you on the latter. The run game has been genuinely baffling, though that might just be a consequence of losing Jensen. It definitely feels more consistent than Kubiak's, where it felt where they would either show up big or poo poo the bed.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Aftermath: Rams still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Arkhams Razor posted:

Sorry, meant the team as a whole, not the offense. I agree with you on the latter. The run game has been genuinely baffling, though that might just be a consequence of losing Jensen. It definitely feels more consistent than Kubiak's, where it felt where they would either show up big or poo poo the bed.

Probably mostly due to Steve Smith being our only good receiver. If that team had these receivers I'd love to have seen it. Owen Daniels was our TE most of the year lol

But yeah this offense is nicely consistent and it doesn't feel like we are going to poo poo the bed any given week, despite the little TD drought we had.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 22, 2018

• Locked thread