Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sirtommygunn posted:

We also got a scorigami

Was that the 37-5 game? Safeties are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jason Garrett has now lost both games this year where he's played for the tie.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Arkhams Razor posted:

Sorry, meant the team as a whole, not the offense. I agree with you on the latter. The run game has been genuinely baffling, though that might just be a consequence of losing Jensen. It definitely feels more consistent than Kubiak's, where it felt where they would either show up big or poo poo the bed.

The Saints run defense was the best in the league going into this game, but it's largely from controlling between the tackles. The sweeps and option runs still get success because those need LBs and DBs who tackle

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jason Garrett has now lost both games this year where he's played for the tie.

https://twitter.com/TankLawrence/status/1054165413402075138

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MJBuddy posted:

The Saints run defense was the best in the league going into this game, but it's largely from controlling between the tackles. The sweeps and option runs still get success because those need LBs and DBs who tackle

Ravens run game isn't good at any of those phases, so might as well try straight ahead where we're ok. Our outside runs were mostly a disaster here also, while our successful runs today were up the middle. Should have gone for the sneak on that 3rd and short with the pitch to Collins. Collins just seems a step slower this year to me, after seeming blazing last year. But maybe my imagination.

Also I have to reiterate that you go for two at that ending sequence. I still don't want to rag on them for it but I feel a little more strongly than I did earlier. With 23 seconds left converting there puts you in a very strong position because you can kick it off in a way that makes them return it and waste say 5 seconds. Then they have about 3 plays to get it in FG range if that if you can make one be really slow developing with deep coverage. I mean you might not convert. But you also might not win it in OT cause they migth get the ball first and score a TD. They had a chance to win and should have taken it. You almost always should go for two in that sort of scenario.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
If the Super Bowl can't be Eagles then it drat well better be an insane shootout between the Chiefs and the Rams.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm also looking forward to SNF for extreme football happiness reasons

Well, that was fun for Chiefs fans and Bengal haters I guess.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

chiefs defense looked pretty good for once, or maybe the bengals were really poo poo? I prefer to think the former and look forward to the broncos next week.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fat Jesus posted:

chiefs defense looked pretty good for once, or maybe the bengals were really poo poo? I prefer to think the former and look forward to the broncos next week.

bengals offense has looked like dogshit since they lost eifert, weirdly enough

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

AFC playoffs gonna be littt

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I have never watched The Challenge on NBC but... wow, cocaine, huh.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Chiefs' offense is an unholy monster that cannot be stopped and can barely be contained. It can only be outrun.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the bengals are not a good team

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fat Jesus posted:

Let me introduce you to Primetime Andy Dalton.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Chiefs have won all seven pre-game tosses, apparently.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ I just saw the Aaron Donald strip. That was absolutely ridiculous.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Was that the 37-5 game? Safeties are the best.

yeah

https://twitter.com/nfl_scorigami/status/1054099312316157956

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Strobe posted:

The Chiefs have won all seven pre-game tosses, apparently.

Maybe? I know they have kicked off first every game, but maybe they lost and the other team didn’t defer at some point?

Chiefs offense is amazing. they are through the hard part of the schedule and don’t have a winning team on the schedule for at least 5 weeks.

Hopefully the defense gets less terrible eventually. They looked slightly less lovely tonight but a lot of the Bengals issues seemed self inflicted.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Why was Patrick Mahomes still in the game and still passing late in the 4th Quarter when they were up 45-10?

Was that really necessary?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

Why was Patrick Mahomes still in the game and still passing late in the 4th Quarter when they were up 45-10?

he drafted himself in fantasy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Maxwells Demon posted:

The Bengals were free to stop him at any time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--well, yeah, but that seems like it might have been a bad time for your franchise to be on the field if Burfict were still around for instance.

Maxwells Demon posted:

He shouldn't have been, although I don't know that he passed at that point. Looked it up, I guess he threw two passes on that drive, both short ones.

Andy came to his senses once they got to midfield and yanked the starters who were all still in up to that point other than Mahomes. I think he would have taken Mahomes out too if it wouldn't have seemed like he was pulling the guy to get applauded, which absolutely would have happened. From midfield they ran the ball every play and wouldn't have gotten the ball close if the backup running back didn't break one for an almost TD.

Now it's pretty arguable they should have pulled Mahomes when they were up 38-10, and the Bengals did seem to be getting pissed off on the drive that ended in the last TD.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 22, 2018

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Reid appears to be going full 2007 “we are going to score 80 points a game or die trying” Belichick and honestly it owns.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

^^--well, yeah, but that seems like it might have been a bad time for your franchise to be on the field if Burfict were still around for instance.

Oh, I thought it was complaining about running the score up.

If the complaint was because of Mahomes' health then yeah I get it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

If the complaint was because of Mahomes' health then yeah I get it

I don't know if it was his complaint but it was definitely mine. Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, Watkins, absolutely no one even slightly important should have been on the field at that point if they had a dressed backup available.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I certainly was on the angle of Mahomes' health. All scores should be run up.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
well

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Maxwells Demon posted:

I think people tend to forget that Pat is a first year starter and there are still concepts that Andy might be wanting to test run in a zero risk situation.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
You made it, dawg.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

You made it, dawg.

They called you a Raiders fan, dog. That's libel.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

LiquidFriend posted:

I think people tend to forget that Pat is a first year starter and there are still concepts that Andy might be wanting to test run in a zero risk situation.

It's really easy to forget watching the man live that he hasn't been eviscerating NFL defenses for 5-6 years already.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1054241217658212353

maybe our defense is getting adequate!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Zeke looks like a burnout with a head full of acid with that hair rambling about teamwork and coming together

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Does paremasan basil still post here? Or is he dead from dehydration from cumming at Patrick Mahomes arm?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

Does paremasan basil still post here? Or is he dead from dehydration from cumming at Patrick Mahomes arm?

He stopped posting when the Chiefs drafted Hill

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gay Horney posted:

He posted a meltdown essay when Tyreek Hill got drafted and supposedly doesn't watch the NFL anymore.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He posted a meltdown essay when Tyreek Hill got drafted and supposedly doesn't watch the NFL anymore.

It was welllllll after that, he posted weekly "Well the chiefs won but gently caress Hill" stuff every week then after the Titans(?) playoff loss he went full meltdown and said he couldnt justify supporting a team that promotes rape and shuffled off into the night.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

You made it, dawg.

Successful requests: 2,684,296
Average successful requests per day: 537,232

e: Mostly from bleacherreport and facebook

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Bengals are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
since the eagles are rear end my dudes, I really want my big andy to get that ring (as a head coach) :3:

• Locked thread