Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I've been trying to play with TCS and ABS off on a PS4 controller. I'm not very good at it yet but I like the challenge. I'm doing time trials for the Porsche 911 one make race - and wow I think this is the hardest-to-control car I've driven yet without ABS/TCS. It seems that I have to start braking waaaaay in advance and I can never really go above 40% braking or so without the wheels totally locking up. Is it supposed to be possible to competitively drive this car without assists, or is that just a fool's errand?

edit: forgot to mention that my favorite part of ABS off is that now every single braking point is a minigame of riding the braking threshold to avoid locking up. It's a lot more engaging than just slamming the brakes to 100% for every tight turn which is what I tend to do with ABS enabled.

giogadi fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

911 road car or 911RSR?

The rsr is fantastic with the TC turned off, but I’m on a wheel so ymmv

Also, last time I checked into the professional GT Sport scene, even those guys were running ABS, so going without may be a big ask

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You could try setting the ABS to like 2 using the d-pad and work your way from there. And hell, give the gyro controls a shot, I find it way easier to control the car like that instead of the stick because it's so responsive but still as subtle as the stick.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Surprising no one.

quote:

GT7 has been impacted by Covid-related production challenges and therefore will shift from 2021 to 2022. With the ongoing pandemic, it’s a dynamic and changing situation and some critical aspects of game production have been slowed over the past several months. We’ll share more specifics on GT7’s release date when available.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/02/gran_turismo_7_delayed_to_2022_on_ps5_due_to_coronavirus

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zero surprises. Excited for GT7, but got plenty of racing sims to play in the mean time. The genre is in a great place right now with no shortage of sims.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah I'd rather that happen than another GT5 launch situation, much as I loved GT5.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Seems unlikely I'll even find a PS5 to buy before 2022 anyway. Looking forward to goofing around in Forza Horizon 4 on my 5 year old gtx 970 once it's on Steam in March though.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Gran Turismo is now apparently an olympic sport.

https://www.olympic.org/news/intern...-virtual-series

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

GT Sport is getting another new Toyota

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfDFXFsWXBk

Cool that they're still putting these cars in, I figure they're putting them in GT7 too so may as well put in slightly downgraded versions in GT Sport for free too.

Can't wait to try this out in VR. :allears:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Stare-Out posted:

GT Sport is getting another new Toyota

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfDFXFsWXBk

Cool that they're still putting these cars in, I figure they're putting them in GT7 too so may as well put in slightly downgraded versions in GT Sport for free too.

Can't wait to try this out in VR. :allears:

My theory for GT7 is that it's just an upscaled version of gts and the work they put into the post launch updates for gts would transfer to gt7.

So gt7 should build on top of gts and include everything before as well as adding stuff like the classic tracks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My hope for Gran Turismo 7 is really to just have more tracks, and continue to improve the online, and what is already there for GT Sport. Honestly GT Sport is the best the series has ever been, and I just want that game but more content. If PD could bring back B-Spec that would be very appreciated.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

My theory for GT7 is that it's just an upscaled version of gts and the work they put into the post launch updates for gts would transfer to gt7.

So gt7 should build on top of gts and include everything before as well as adding stuff like the classic tracks.

That would make sense, no way they'd just scrap everything and start over for GT7 after all. I just hope and pray they put a full PSVR2 mode in there too. I can give up ray tracing if I can play the whole thing in sweet, sweet VR (with Dualsense gyro controls).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I said come in! posted:

My hope for Gran Turismo 7 is really to just have more tracks, and continue to improve the online, and what is already there for GT Sport. Honestly GT Sport is the best the series has ever been, and I just want that game but more content. If PD could bring back B-Spec that would be very appreciated.

I’m in the exact same boat. I love GT sport and I think it’s basically perfect as it is. Maybe steal iracings sr system more closely but that’s it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Stare-Out posted:

That would make sense, no way they'd just scrap everything and start over for GT7 after all. I just hope and pray they put a full PSVR2 mode in there too. I can give up ray tracing if I can play the whole thing in sweet, sweet VR (with Dualsense gyro controls).

In theory all the assets they have are already scanned at 4k (and even up to 8k going by their car laser scanning method) so all this content should be able to last well into a ps6 even.

Their online system is really solid and could just use more people in general. And better private lobbies.

As long as gt7 just adds on to gts, it's hard to see how this game would be bad. Gts was bashed so hard for the lack of content at release but it's really improved since then. If they could just add more cars/tracks and put a proper campaign on top then it'll be a great purchase for Playstation owners.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gran Turismo 7 is coming March 4, 2022. :peanut:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/gran-turismo-7-arrives-on-ps5-and-ps4-march-4/

I'll also invite you guys to come over to the gran turismo goon discord. We played a lot of gran turismo sport and I'm sure we will of 7.

https://discord.gg/P5FrfDF

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Ok watching those old Willys jump on a dirt track has me unreasonably excited for GT7.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I might as well cross-post this from the Playstation VR thread:

Not a confirmation or anything, but in a Eurogamer interview, Kazunori Yamauchi said this in regards to Gran Turismo 7 having VR support:

quote:

Kazunori Yamauchi: So regarding PSVR, we're not at a state where we cannot talk about it yet.

Ignoring the likely mistranslation there, they can't talk about it "yet?" I hope that means PSVR2 support, not just PSVR for the PS4 version.

It's a nice interview anyhow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Correct, PD isn't ready to talk about VR support one way or another. GT7 may or may not have it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was left out, I think they were not that happy with VR support in Sport because it didn't work in enough of the game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Wouldn't be surprised if gt7 supported psvr2 (yes that would imply only on ps5) down the road.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

VR support would make lots of people happy and poorer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I noticed pre-orders for the physical edition, and digital on PSN are available now. No special physical edition this time. Was hoping for some ultimate edition with a car model again.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

For me it was kinda a no-starter because GT is definitely the kind of game I don't want a physical copy of ... just want to be able to start it without having to think about it or look for it.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

The only reason I'd consider getting the PS5 LE physical is the included PS4 code.

Could easily hawk it off on eBay or whatever.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

VR in multiplayer is the kicker for me; I've gotten used to triples on my rig and going back to a single is rough, but I'm fine with VR for the most part. I have a Rift S for my PC but I kinda got tired of dealing with the wires all over the place and triples are way easier to just plop down, do some laps, then get back to work.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Deep Forest gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsvYQd-axrw

Looks really nice aside from the weird color values, because of the HDR maybe?

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013
Kinda makes me hope that the ps4-version is actually good and playable. Gran Turismo was one of the reasons why I bought a ps2 and I've always liked the car collecting and racing with souped up beaters.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Sanity check ... finally upgraded my 10+ year old TV to a modern HDR one and needless to say playing a tonne of Sport finally.

Is it possible to turn off the recommended gear indicator?

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Br3instyrm posted:

Kinda makes me hope that the ps4-version is actually good and playable. Gran Turismo was one of the reasons why I bought a ps2 and I've always liked the car collecting and racing with souped up beaters.

It should be. I think the only difference will be improved resolution, draw distance, load times and frame rate. It's more or less GTS with the CaRPG added.

Speaking of, I'm planning on buying the PS5 physical special edition which comes with a PS4 digital code. If anyone wants to pick that up from me at a discount just PM me.

teethgrinder posted:

Sanity check ... finally upgraded my 10+ year old TV to a modern HDR one and needless to say playing a tonne of Sport finally.

Is it possible to turn off the recommended gear indicator?

Nice. I've got a 4K but I'm skipping out on the HRD features. Might update to an OLED in the future.

And not that I know of. I've just turned it off in my head.

DevCore fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 6, 2021

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

DevCore posted:

Nice. I've got a 4K but I'm skipping out on the HRD features. Might update to an OLED in the future.

And not that I know of. I've just turned it off in my head.
Bummer. I feel like it might have been possible in 6 but don't have a working PS3 to check. It definitely was not in Prologue and 5. I find it so distracting and it makes me second-guess myself.

The HDR is really great, but the lighting and 4K in that game is really fantastic regardless. The HDR mostly makes stuff like tail lights and streetlights really pop, and look a lot more realistic. Subtle detail.

I don't even know why they bother with the noon track times ... I play in the evening hours 99% of the time just because it's pretty, hah. (Granted the road can be hard to see on some of the tracks during golden hour events.)

Just one level from unlocking Nurburgring for free-play,

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 6, 2021

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DevCore posted:

It should be. I think the only difference will be improved resolution, draw distance, load times and frame rate. It's more or less GTS with the CaRPG added.

Speaking of, I'm planning on buying the PS5 physical special edition which comes with a PS4 digital code. If anyone wants to pick that up from me at a discount just PM me.

The PS4 code? I might be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Deep Forest gameplay

Yes more of this please, thank you. I am so excited.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DevCore posted:

Speaking of, I'm planning on buying the PS5 physical special edition which comes with a PS4 digital code.

Oh, nice I’ll probably do the same thing to play it on my PS4 with the hope that someday I’ll own a ps5 lol

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Stare-Out posted:

Deep Forest gameplay

I haven't played GT Sport as I've skipped this generation of consoles but GT7 looks great. The reflections and shadows in the mirror stalk and the reflection off the other cars look great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't feel like GT7 looks that noticeably better than GT Sport, but also this is with Youtube compression and the lowest possibly bitrate for 4K. My big hopes are for better more stable frame rate, weather to come back and looking better, and ultra fast load times.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I hope the campaign gives the single player folks what they want and that they keep the sport-style multiplayer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was thinking about what I wanted from the single player, and I hope PD will make something that is a bit more accessible. The campaign for GTSport, and really all of the prior GT games is really loving hard. They start out easy enough, but then the AI and difficult ramp way the gently caress up. I still haven't finished all of the races in first place in GT Sport, there are a lot of them where I just can't even come close. I really want the campaign to have difficulty options like in Forza.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I really want the campaign to have difficulty options like in Forza.

You would think “borrow the good ideas from Forza Motorsport” is a slam-dunk on their to-do list, but I feel like I’ve been saying that for two console generations :v: I think they can add some adjustment, or lower requirements to move forward, but I don’t know if they actually will at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PD operates in a bubble, I have just come to accept it. I still love them, and I love GT, I know exactly what i'm getting with each game at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

New State of Play was great! I'm excited for the game.