Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Fantastic races yesterday and today as well. I watch every F1 GP and these GT finals (manufacturer yesterday and nations today) are definitely better racing in terms of overtaking etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm just watching yesterdays races and holy poo poo was the last lap of the Tokyo highway race amazing!

Igor Fraga though, what a machine. Absolute Unit.

E: That interlagos race holy poo poo

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 19, 2018

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Yeah I watched every race on YouTube archive (not live) which was nice because you can skip past the boring parts between races.

Great to see the championship go down to the last race.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ooof, sucks for Nico, I've been following him from the start, and I had high hopes for him. He's crazy, insanely fast at home, but I feel like the pressure got to him

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

That manufacturer race got me hard. The bmw went from last up to 5 in one stint.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Oh lord. Guys. I just did one whole lap of the green hell without crashing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Having it in the weeklies has dragged my SR from S to B, but I love it and I can’t stop!

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Like I have the track memorized somewhat, but it's not internalized yet. I still have to devote a lot of brain power to know what's coming next. I need to daily kill the circuit experience until I can get gold on my first try every time.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
master it on the fastest car you can because otherwise there are a few specific sections that will kick your rear end or even send you airborne

its way easier to dial back your muscle memory on such a long track and still keep a decent time imo even though its most fun to cruise on with a more normalized car

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Red bull ring has taken my sr from s to c this week, the track limits there and the combo of a short 5 lap race make it impossible to finish without a penalty.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finally starting to get good enough at the Nurburgring that I get clean races that raise my SR back up, right when the week ends :smith:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Winter Series details are up for anyone interested in joining the Goon Turismo league! Race with fabulous goons, drive fabulous cars, win fabulous prizes!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I've actually had some good luck racing in GR4 on RBR, podiumed a few times which is a rare occurrence for me!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hmm, downloaded the new update, but still cant connect to the network, which means they must still be under maintenance.

The new backgrounds include fully 3d modeled Tesla Model S's :thunk:

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hmm, downloaded the new update, but still cant connect to the network, which means they must still be under maintenance.

The new backgrounds include fully 3d modeled Tesla Model S's :thunk:

11:28pm, Nero dashes downstairs to get his 26.2 miles in for the day before midnight... discovers there's a half hour download and update.

..........Nero is disappoint.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Just bought a Tesla S to race in Gran Turismo. What a world we live in.

E: here is the trailer https://youtu.be/xKR5mE31LBo
Edit 2: oh man that engine noise.

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 5, 2018

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

That Z looks a hoot

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Race A doesn’t seem popular tonight.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is this the first game to legit feature a tesla?

Also, now I want a GR3/4 Tesla

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This makes me miss the goofy GT Prius and CRZ

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Gt6 had a telsa.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

GT6 has one, and some of the recent Forzas have had the Model S and possibly Roadster too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TFW you successfully dodge everyones bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWw6Zzt401g&t=420s

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Hadn’t played in a minute. Came back; bought Lewis Hamilton’s car. Had fun.

Driving is not like riding a bike, took me almost an hour to get back to a not-garbage time at Interlagos.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Is your car dazzle camo? :-)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nerobro posted:

Is your car dazzle camo? :-)

Yuuup, most of my cars are patterns, for whatever reason I love it

https://twitter.com/one_t_matt/status/942638275138908161

https://twitter.com/one_t_matt/status/942999487349444608

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
first thing i did was cover an aventador in black paint and pink polka dots

patterns rule

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

What time does the daily workout reset?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

...so we are getting a big oval track tomorrow

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

A pretty oval!

And the TVR SpeedSix :dance:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

teethgrinder posted:

And the TVR SpeedSix :dance:

they just added the Cerbera to Forza 7

more TVR in videogames pwease :unsmith:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U65_ZZ5-q8Y

Finally, somewhere you can actually open up the Tomahawk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New track added today is a 18.82 miles long oval, making it perfect for the daily workout for your free car. New cars added too:

Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 1953 (Gr.X)
BMW Z8 2001 (N400)
Ferrari Dino 246 GT 1971 (N300)
Honda Integra Type R (DC2) 1998 (N200)
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) 2007 (N300)
Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster 1956 (N100)
Shelby G.T.350 1965 (N300)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 2000 (N400)

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Ooooh I wanna do race C. Do love me some fuji.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Any of you handy with NAT issues? A friend of mine bought this to play it with me but his PS4/GTA says he's got NAT type 3 and we can't connect to each other's lobbies. He can connect to some online lobbies and we can join the same one, but once we're in, we can't see each other. I guess he'll have problems playing the league.

I walked him through forwarding the right ports according to various guides on Google, enabled UPnP, put his PS4 in a DMZ, and eventually tried plugging his Ps4 directly into the internet connection emanating from the wall. None of these helped.

I don't know what to do and don't understand how he can have NAT type 3 when he circumvents the router by plugging in directly. I don't know if his complex might be providing internet centrally from a sort of master router? They've got fiber connection in his building, I don't know if this type of set up is used.

---

Anyway, I've been looking at getting a wheel and there's a Thrustmaster T150 on sale near me. The wheel I'm sure would be fine for my needs, but it's not possible for me to get a wheel stand. I would probably be playing with it on a sofa table or maybe a small folding table by the sofa. Is there any point in getting a wheel if I don't get a stand?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’d say yes, there is still a point, as the extra control is worth it.

I’d also say be prepared to chase your wheel and pedals around the room, as sawing on the wheel and mashing the pedals is gonna send them sliding.

That being said, you don’t have to drop a ton of money on a rig if you don’t want to. There are cheap options out there: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZVYW2C/

Switch the style option on that listing to see some more setups they offer, some of them are under $100

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 9, 2019

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

You can also hit up Craigslist. You'd be surprised that you might find really good stands for like $50 or less in your area. It's one of those things that's just too hard to ship so people offload it for cheap in the local ads.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Local ads go one of two ways: they’re either trying to get full MSRP for everything and it’s a “PRICE IS FIRM I KNOW WHAT I GOT” situation, or they realize it’s a pain in the rear end to get it out of the house and they sell it cheap.

You also get people who don’t know what the gently caress and sell their new in box T300rs to me for $150. Facebook marketplace, Craigslist and letgo are strange and wonderful places

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

csidle posted:

Anyway, I've been looking at getting a wheel and there's a Thrustmaster T150 on sale near me. The wheel I'm sure would be fine for my needs, but it's not possible for me to get a wheel stand. I would probably be playing with it on a sofa table or maybe a small folding table by the sofa. Is there any point in getting a wheel if I don't get a stand?

I can't recommend the Playseat Challenge enough. It's comfortable and got a convenient small form factor when not in use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I cant believe this game is still getting new tracks and cars. The post game support is so great, I am grateful to PD to be honest.