Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Who was Hatter's client for the urn?
The Merga Wraith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Um. Yeah, now I'm really curious.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

So the gauss cannon drones that can pop in to back up the guards if you don't pulp their brains fast enough, are those killable like the Merga Wraith or an insta-death event?
They're killable, just very hard. And if you do manage to kill one, you can scavenge its wreckage for parts to make a handheld version of its Gauss weapon.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Man, Cale is as much of a oval office as I remember him being.

BTW, wasn't there an explanation of what happened to his legs, or is it something you just haven't posted yet?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Truthkeeper posted:

That's the entirety of what the game has to tell us about Cale, unfortunately. He seems to be implying that Phillip is responsible for his missing half, but Cale doesn't strike me as particularly reliable.

I remember reading that he spent the money which was supposed to pay for Philip's cryo on a high-tech prosthesis so he could have his legs cut off and work in the aquapark as a merman because he's basically a furry. Or was that something from an earlier version? It's been a few years since I played the whole thing.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I looked around in the encounter files so I'll just post my findings.

First, the missing text from when Cale appears, for completedness' sake:

quote:

There's also an old, spare wheelchair in here, stacks of skin cream, and a combination colostomy/ileal diversion system.

A hemicorporectomy?

No, there's no way. It'd have to be an accident that- you look around the room again, noting all the mer-people.

...that removed everything below the waist.

A shiver overtakes you, and you wiggle your toes for comfort.

Cale Comes Home

A young man sits in a modified wheelchair, a broad socket supporting him where his legs and pelvis should be. Despite his handicap, he seems quite muscular.

He's handsome, too, though his face doesn't look so pleasant with the expression he's making at you.

"The fu- What?" There might've been a moment of shock, and then fear, but it's transformed into rage now.

"The HELL are you doing in my apartment?"

He pushes himself through the door.

"HEY!"

BTW, the description of medical accessories looks more detailed... You don't have Medic, right? It might be what triggers the next conversation option:

(starting with some text we've seen, to place the quote into the whole conversation)

quote:

"I mean, come on! Look around!" He gestures. "The world's gone to poo poo AGES ago! No way you survived out there in shitstorm central. And hell if I was gonna walk out there and check!"

Ask about Cale's surgery.

"Don't you mean wheel?"

"Huh?" He looks confused.

You nod at his chair. "The surgery. Must've cost a pretty penny."

"What, are you some doctor or something?"

You just stare at him.

"Yeah, fine, okay? I used what was left for surgery. What's it to you?

"It's my money to me, for one thing! I doubt I went to sleep and left a bank account for you to go all reverse-Little-Mermaid! Why the hell would I?"

He's stunned. "Wait, how did you-"

"The loving posters! The statues! You're in a god-damned wheelchair because your pelvis was amputated!"

You glance around. "Where the hell is it, anyway?"

"What, the tail?"

"Yes, the tail!"

"It's at work," he says without irony.

"What? Where the- whatever. Why are you even on the bank account?"

"You tell me!" he barks. "You're the one who reached out from the Deep Web to rope him into your scheme."

"Dude was obsessed with it. With you. loving ruined his life! All of our lives! So you tell ME!"

He seems genuinely distressed about it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Truthkeeper posted:

gently caress me. I have encountered cannibals, an arena where hungry people and slaves are made to fight killer robots, murderous cultists, people who would stab me in the back so they could steal my shoes, a hopelessly corrupt and uncaring government that seems to be powered by bureaucracy, and yet this rear end in a top hat is the one I wish I could murder.

Same. I have less sympathy for him than for the random looters whom *I* bludgeoned to death for their shoes in full visceral detail. Especially since some looters are actually decent guys if you have a chance to talk to them.
gently caress, even the Merga Wraith is more likable, and it's a creepy stalker/murderer and a blob of darkness in a mask.

Also, you should totally troll SkyCorps bikers with the mechanical doll.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 2, 2018

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mechanical Ape posted:

I can't imagine anyone beating this without disabling permadeath.

wait

what

YOU CAN DISABLE PERMADEATH IN THIS GAME!?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
As much as Hatter is someone you can trust in these trying times, that doesn't extend to his client. And if we've got $200k, we don't care about the money as much as info about our past, so let's do it for ourselves.

ed: gently caress, I forgot we don't have Medic. Still, Philip > Hatter > Martha.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 4, 2018

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Before you die in a random car crash/mugging/animal attack, let me just say that I enjoyed this LP, good job, would read another one.

Truthkeeper posted:

My theory is that UNIDENTIFIED SPEAKER is Phillip, but I have nothing to back that up.
There's no way there wouldn't be some special reaction to Philip hearing his own voice saying things he forgot.

Inadequately posted:

it’'s not enough for him to just have those capabilities, enough people have to believe in them to power him up to a point where he can take on the Wraith.
So that's why he gets both reps after killing the wraith - the other wraiths are aware of his power, thereby feeding it.

Also, what exactly happens in the $200k deal with Hatter? You sell him both a vial of Blue Rot virus to trigger an epidemic, and a barrel of vaccine/cure to sell to anyone who gets sick, hence the "millions of buyers" comment?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 5, 2018

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, so the world ended up covered in cryptids solely because of your dumb conspiracy wiki?

um

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Truthkeeper posted:

Admin#10 is PKD
Philip Kindred Dick? :v:

wait

:aaaaa:

:tinfoil: