Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I have this game, and I REALLY wanted to enjoy it. Every time I get a decent way into a game though, I ended up running into some weird character-breaking bug of some sort (at which point I got sick of it and stopped playing for a while.)

I look forward to seeing the actual story - what I've pieced together between the wiki and my playthroughs is... not terribly cohesive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Anticheese posted:

Wait...You can rotate items in your inventory? I've got an embarrassing number of hours in this and never knew that. :aaaaa:

I'm facepalming over being able to wear more than one thing around the neck, myself. I always thought those binos with straps were useless because reasons.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Truthkeeper posted:

The game makes absolutely no effort to ever tell you this, so the only way you'd figure out is trial and error (or autoequipping stuff and noticing that it shoves multiple items in your neck slot). Three neck items (or possibly a necklace and two scopes or binoculars, I haven't tested this much), two shirts, a hoodie or coat, a piece of armor or a vest, pants, shoes, gloves. A weapon with a strap on one shoulder, a shoulder bag on the other, a backpack or plastic bag on your bag. The difficult part sometimes, especially in modded games with a lot of new items, is figuring out what takes up which slot.

Also, you can use binoculars by keeping them in your hand if for some reason wearing them isn't an option. It's just not something people usually want to devote a hand to.

Speaking of modded games, as an experienced player, are there any you'd recommend (either for first-time or experienced players?)

Truthkeeper posted:

The story from Michelle is all you ever learn about the spirit that was hunting Phillip.

Should you take off the talisman, it's resolved, one way or another...

<snip>

REASONS. :v:

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

idhrendur posted:

For the curious, the coordinates for the security breach are in Utah, but it looks more like a housing division than a NSA facility.

That's what they WANT you to think. :tinfoil: (I looked this up too - hopefully we're not on some watchlist now :v:)

Truthkeeper, thanks for doing this playthrough. Are you going to show off the alternate endings depending on which faction you choose?

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Heir03 posted:

Yes please.

PurpleXVI posted:

I'd pay attention to a Recettear LP. Already played and beat the game, but I'm sure there's stuff I missed.

Same here. It's such a stupid and goofy game, but it still kept me playing to the end. :allears: