Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Henry looks so drat slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I love that the offense has just decided to go all "gently caress it let's take some deep shots at our tall speedster WR and see where it gets us"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sweeper posted:

Henry looks so drat slow

He's like 270 lbs

https://twitter.com/___caseyjones/status/1023795953478852610

Bama had a sec championship game against Missouri I think where he just had 50 carries up the middle and they were helpless

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 21, 2018

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Shout-out to the multiple Seahawks fans who I assume have just been hanging out drinking in Wembley Stadium for the last week

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
loving hell Titans SCORE A TOUCHDOWN

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

I mean, that’s fine but rbs should probably have some acceleration at least. He hits holes like a dump truck and then kinda just falls. If he is that big where is the fight??

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Tennessee Titans Have Scored A Field Goal

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sweeper posted:

I mean, that’s fine but rbs should probably have some acceleration at least. He hits holes like a dump truck and then kinda just falls. If he is that big where is the fight??

We thought he was an untackleable giant

Turns out he's just Eddie Lacy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is Henry from Alabama? Never draft an Alabama back. Their entire poo poo is their Offensive Line and they make guys like Trent Richardson look like world beaters. So draft their O Lines I guess.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Hey kids, Big Ben! Parliament!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Mariota worked HARD for that 1 yard.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

Is Henry from Alabama? Never draft an Alabama back. Their entire poo poo is their Offensive Line and they make guys like Trent Richardson look like world beaters. So draft their O Lines I guess.

Mark Ingram turned out alright. And the bulk of their linemen haven't exactly dominated.

e: Mark, not Melvin. It did take Mark a while though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yes I will watch any game any time of this garbage and then complain about it on the internets worst forum.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
that's a lateral

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Stevie Lee posted:

that's a lateral

Eh looks like it went forward about half a yard, dumb play he had plenty of yards

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
How is that not a lateral? Do you have to throw a lateral underhand or something?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That looks like it was forward

Needed Neil Degraase Tyson to go to bat for Mariota the way he did for Wilson lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Looked like a lateral to me

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Gatts posted:

the Chargers drafted an Alabama o-lineman in the first round and it didn't exactly work out thanks to McCoy's lousy coaching. OTOH, the Jags drafted Cam Robinson and he's been pretty good when healthy, so idk

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Lol at this Republican attack ad. *in extreme boogeyman voice* government run healthcare oooo

Doesn't sound too bad actually

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It was just like Wilson's from a year or two ago, he threw it backwards but he was running forwards so its momentum carried it upfield. Wilson just got lucky, Mariota did not.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

surf rock posted:

How is that not a lateral? Do you have to throw a lateral underhand or something?

ball didn't really travel backwards, the receiving player being behind the point of lateral is not the rule. the ball itself has to travel backwards, and uh, it kind of went dead sideways. looked a bit like the Music City Miracle out there

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Looked like a lateral to me

He aimed it backwards but it moved diagonally forward because of his momentum

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sharpe having a good game.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Lol at this Republican attack ad. *in extreme boogeyman voice* government run healthcare oooo

More people have government run healthcare in LA then people in LA that know the chargers are in LA.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mariota just kilt a man

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

ball didn't really travel backwards, the receiving player being behind the point of lateral is not the rule. the ball itself has to travel backwards, and uh, it kind of went dead sideways. looked a bit like the Music City Miracle out there

This is not what the word lateral means, nor the interpretation of the rule.

There's a reason we distinguish "forward" passes.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Sharpe having a good game.

I have high expectations for this man to continue the Victor Cruz UMass receiver legacy. dynamite in college despite receiving balls from whatever the gently caress a "Blake Frohnapfel" is

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I know Casey Hayward turned into an elite corner the second he left Green Bay, but him getting loving trucked by a QB to the point of being injured is all Packers.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

It is an ad funded by Sheldon Adelson, noted giant piece of poo poo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

yeah well guess what dummy, they called it forward on the field. evidently they did not distinguish that play as a forward pass. Mariota should have actually thrown it backwards.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sweeper posted:

It is an ad funded by Sheldon Adelson, noted giant piece of poo poo

It looks completely insane to us, but this is the kind of media old white people are consuming all the time

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I want more Mariota stiff arms

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Grittybeard posted:

the rule book that a forward pass is a pass where the ball moves towards the opponents goal line, which a thrown pass thrown sideways with forward momentum does

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Titans suck

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

why is it so bright in some areas of Wembley and so dark in others? CBS' camera operators are having a hernia getting their white balance set to a level where you can see more than just outlines of player jerseys

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

The ball moved like a half yard forward and the direction of the movement of the ball is the rule

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Jesus christ

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
GODDAMN IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin