Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Ballsy. Let's see if it pays off for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

marioinblack posted:

I don't think I've ever seen the defense with the lead take a timeout to avoid a runoff. It makes sense, but it's interesting to see.

Be funny if it backfired, which is possible.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Just fuckin run it

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Going for 2 was just so dumb I don’t get it

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Lol Titans

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Good playcalling

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
If only the titans had some semblance of a run game

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
That was a poo poo play

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

holy poo poo TN u stupid

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lmao Titans

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
incidentally this game shows why the chargers need to have gordon healthy in the worst way. I like ekeler a bunch but he's not a starting RB and the titans did a very good job of completely snuffing out the run game with him today

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

What a fun football game

What a great weekend for sports

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Going for it was the right call but lol that pass.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That was a great tip

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Play posted:

Ballsy. Let's see if it pays off for them

[Ron Howard] It did not.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pissed at there being no overtime. Weird play call too

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Like when the play started I was sure that Mariota was going to throw to the sideline slant. IDK why he would throw over the line.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

was that just a loving tank move lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
they had 2 shots at that and they passed both times :confused:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I know it's way safer and this was one of the more dangerous plays in the game, but I really miss old school onside kicks where dudes would get a 20 yard head start and they just tried to bounce the ball 15 yards in the air.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress that 2-point okay. What the poo poo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well that's the risk when you put it all on one (in this case two) plays. I kind of think the Chargers would'v stiffened up and taken it in overtime anyways, but there would be more of a chance for the better team to win out instead of chance. Fun ending anyways

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol no ot

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
i'm glad we won but jesus, that was some worthless arm tackling out there today

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

gently caress that 2-point okay. What the poo poo.

I honestly don't mind going for that at all, the Titans probably aren't making serious noise this year anyway. The, uh, play calls I didn't like much.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
You’re at the one. Give it to Henry. gently caress.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I really wish that the NFL would do something to ensure that both offenses at least touch the ball in overtime. The rules have been so skewed in favor of offenses, yet everyone says "if a D can't stop the TD they don't deserve to win."

Cue a roughing call for sneezing on a QB.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

especially when the titans have rolled over the chargers on the ground all game and they've proven that they can't tackle worth a gently caress. instance of the titans overthinking it

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
This is the second time this season an opposing team just didn’t run it in at the 1-2 yard line on the Chargers. Like seriously you fuckers forget you can run them over for short yardage all day every day.

Please keep throwing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
That was escaping with a win in every sense of the word.

5-2 at the bye wooooo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

aperion posted:

This is the second time this season an opposing team just didn’t run it in at the 1-2 yard line on the Chargers. Like seriously you fuckers forget you can run them over for short yardage all day every day.

Please keep throwing.

Three straight times! It worked for the TD, but that was at least play action out of a run heavy formation. The other two were just straight passes, no roll outs with an option for Mariota to run or anything.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

direct snap it to him even

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

aperion posted:

Please keep throwing.

yup. they don't have a consistent space eater (as much as I like Philon he's not that guy), and since they don't it really exposes how bad the back 7 is at tackling. Lots of bad arm tackles, not a lot of attempts at actually wrapping up. a lot of things need to be cleaned up.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

a neat cape posted:

That was escaping with a win in every sense of the word.

5-2 at the bye wooooo

such a fradulent 5-2 lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
that was one of the few london games that wasn't a complete blowout. still a lovely game though

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

I really wish that the NFL would do something to ensure that both offenses at least touch the ball in overtime. The rules have been so skewed in favor of offenses, yet everyone says "if a D can't stop the TD they don't deserve to win."

Cue a roughing call for sneezing on a QB.

Yeah especially this year when the majority of defenses are struggling majorly. Tough to basically lose a game via coin flip if a game is all offense. The NFL just wanted to shorten playing time, allowing for more commercials and less airtime conflict when a game goes too long.

Still, I absolutely could've seen Tennessee stopping the Chargers on defense and that's where I would've taken it if they're trying to get to the playoffs. Maybe Vrabel doesn't think this is the team this year, so he's not as concerned about his record? Or maybe he was just convinced they were gonna pull it off

Zyla posted:

such a fradulent 5-2 lmao

Ehhh... only losing to the two best offenses in the league is pretty solid actually. Normally by this time of the season the Chargers would've dropped at least two easy games that they should've won.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
^ exactly. Like, this wasn't a good game by them, but the only two losses they've had were against 2 of the 3 best teams in the league.

They have a lot of poo poo to clean up but I still feel way better about them this season than I did last year around this time.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is this the GDT for the rest of today's games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

probably

https://twitter.com/jayglazer/status/1054049149035851776?s=21

• Locked thread