Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hello people of London. Please cheer for Alex Spanos, who I'm sure you are very familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What are the knocks on Mariota, noodle arm and holds onto the ball for too long?

His arm is supposed to be fine I think? I mean it's not great but it's good enough.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well....

Walk away for 30 seconds and miss a TD.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

Is Henry from Alabama? Never draft an Alabama back. Their entire poo poo is their Offensive Line and they make guys like Trent Richardson look like world beaters. So draft their O Lines I guess.

Mark Ingram turned out alright. And the bulk of their linemen haven't exactly dominated.

e: Mark, not Melvin. It did take Mark a while though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

ball didn't really travel backwards, the receiving player being behind the point of lateral is not the rule. the ball itself has to travel backwards, and uh, it kind of went dead sideways. looked a bit like the Music City Miracle out there

This is not what the word lateral means, nor the interpretation of the rule.

There's a reason we distinguish "forward" passes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The ball moved like a half yard forward and the direction of the movement of the ball is the rule

I'm not arguing about the actual play, just that interpretation of the rule is incorrect. If the ball goes directly sideways (ie-laterally) it's not a pass.

That is such a Titans way to end the half.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

They're very lucky that the Titans can't score.

Or play defense on the rare occasions the Chargers do have the ball apparently.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

im going back to sleep

Might as well watch an offensive drive. It's likely to last 3 or 4 plays one way or the other.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd support changing delay of game penalties to 15 yards on 4th down if it will kill the draw them offside play.

vv--yeah I guess time outs throws a wrench in that idea too. I assumed they didn't take one at midfield.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ooh, an actual clipping call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I just realized the titans and dolphins are the same team and I feel deep shame

Hey now, if you mashed them up they'd be pretty good. Maybe. Possibly.

Well, sorta. They'd probably be better at least. I have absolutely no idea who would coach.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ Chargers, maybe consider tackling the guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think I'd be taking time outs if I were the Chargers.

If you take them and the Titans don't score who cares, they can only stop the clock once. If you take them and the Titans do score...well, yeah.

e: ah, there we go

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not enough there to overturn at the least I don't think.

Well, maybe the shoulder, I glanced away typing this before I saw if that was definitive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This seems like the play Derrick Henry and the Titans OL exists for. So of course they line up in the shotgun with Lewis.

Not that I think that's the wrong choice really, it just doesn't seem to be the identity they were built to have.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy crap it looked like that TE was trying to drop that.

e: No just looked weird to me live, that's a solid catch all the way through.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

marioinblack posted:

I don't think I've ever seen the defense with the lead take a timeout to avoid a runoff. It makes sense, but it's interesting to see.

Be funny if it backfired, which is possible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I know it's way safer and this was one of the more dangerous plays in the game, but I really miss old school onside kicks where dudes would get a 20 yard head start and they just tried to bounce the ball 15 yards in the air.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

gently caress that 2-point okay. What the poo poo.

I honestly don't mind going for that at all, the Titans probably aren't making serious noise this year anyway. The, uh, play calls I didn't like much.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

aperion posted:

This is the second time this season an opposing team just didn’t run it in at the 1-2 yard line on the Chargers. Like seriously you fuckers forget you can run them over for short yardage all day every day.

Please keep throwing.

Three straight times! It worked for the TD, but that was at least play action out of a run heavy formation. The other two were just straight passes, no roll outs with an option for Mariota to run or anything.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

maybe if you're at risk for dying on an airplane you shouldn't be playing

Look, we've seen that it's generally a good idea to play your horrifically injured quarterback no matter what with Andrew Luck. There's really no other choice than to let Watson play against one of what should be one of the better defenses in the league.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who was it, Kevin Kolb that had an injury years ago where his ribs were in danger of pulling away from his sternum if he got hit wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

cool gronk has a back injury again

Is it a real back injury popping up again or a Belichick "he has a zit, he's getting listed as questionable" injury?

• Locked thread