Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Ymmv, it heavily depends on the local culture. For example, there are setups where kids and adults have separate cards; kids can check out two kids' books and adults can check out 10 books of any kind (numbers made up but the point is adults have more responsibility as well as being able to access books kids can't).

Also, while there are a bunch of librarians who hold those values really strongly, they skew heavily towards the young and online. Many other librarians feel differently or just do a lovely job of upholding those values, like theoretically medical professionals are on board with HIPAA, but in reality there are violations every day and they wouldn't care if it weren't for lawsuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
That's cute, it's not like horse–human herpes is a thing

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Knitting guilds/groups/etc. should have resources like that, fwiw

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It's like they based it on the Beinecke but carefully removed all the features that make the Beinecke good

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
"Fat people shouldn't work with kids" is one hell of a take. If she was a piece of poo poo, tell us about that, not how much you hated her for being unattractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It's fine to hate her for her inside, but the post was 80% about hating her for her outside