Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I made her Aironfix instead.

What's Aironfix in this context? Google is giving me a bunch of results in Spanish about contact paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Lurking Haro posted:

Do I have to call The Police?

No, that's not Granos.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Danielle Steele and her daughter are both nightmares to wait on as well.

Not to derail the thread, but this is a story I have GOT to hear. :allears:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I have a family friend named Danielle who I only recently learned was apparently so-named after Danielle Steele, her parent's favorite author

I had a college roommate named Catherine Coulter. Spelled the same and everything. She used to get so much grief for it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Nah, I think it works for both.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Oh, Animale, your post about a famous architect reminded me of another crazy story. We commissioned a locally "famous" artist to install a big rear end steel sculpture outside our rural branch. When us grunts saw the concept sketches after the board meeting discussing it, and agreed that it looked like total garbage* and a waste of money, I naturally did what the JD do and started googling her to death to see her so-called credentials and other works. Why were we all denied raises that year for budget cuts, but we could blow thousands of dollars on an ugly piece of metal out in the sticks?

Thanks to my tenacious internet searching at the time, I fell down a livejournal rabbit hole of finding out that her daughter/son/(I still don't know) was faking being a transperson who was deeply involved in the Harry Potter fanfic/con scene and scamming people for money. Plus I found some old news articles that the artist herself had been brought up on charges of animal abuse for repeatedly buying horses and neglecting them. I'm a little too tired to dig back into that tonight and cite my sources, but that's certainly a weirdo story with potential. I'll do a little digging and a write-up if I'm up to it tomorrow.

So did y'all pass on having the sculpture made after you saw the concept art? Or was it too late at that point?

I also hope you get a chance to tell us more about the "artist."

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Oh, hey, a thread for librarians! :3: I worked circ, courier duties, and reference desk at a public library for several years, and I liked 95% of it. I'm getting my MLS for archives work, and mercifully, my current position has me far away from the public and the local crazies. I think I've got some good stories, though.

Holy poo poo, I love your username.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

A twitter thread for everyone here:

https://twitter.com/heyrinehart/status/1081386154048585728?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

I posted this to the interior design thread, but it feels relevant here as well.