Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What's the most bizarre regular you guys have had, who DIDN'T do something nuts that required a ban/the police. Who's the most weird, innocent regular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Nah, not for me anyways. I was always turned off by that series simply because one of my co-workers at the library, who I butted heads with all the time, just wouldn't shut up about it. I was a dumbass and deliberately refused to read it, just to spite her. (We're actually cool FB friends, now that we don't work together.) But Ive seen a lot of savvy goons saying how awesome it is, so I'll give it a look-see. What book should I start with?

Thanks to Strix and Vavrek (love your Pilot av, speaking of things worth revisiting --- I'm home sick with a sinus infection that just won't quit, and some Farscape would do me good) for the other recommendations!

There's a myriad of answers to what disc world book to start with. The common answers are either guards, guards, or to go with publication order, in which case you'd do the color of magic

I don't read very much or visit the library anymore, somehow my adhd got worse as I got older and now I can't really enjoy reading books, but when I was in middle school and high school I was constantly going through the school library's stock of fiction, and I always appreciated how nice and helpful the librarians were.

This thread is cool and good and makes me want to try picking up a book again from my public library