Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Mediocre posted:

My local authority has drafted library staff to call vulnerable people at home to distribute food parcels and check in on local residents for covid response efforts. Nice idea right?

I was just on the phone to somebody in a manic episode who attempted to cut his cock and balls off with a kitchen knife. Needless to say I immediately escalated that to emergency services but christ it does make me miss the regular library weirdos.

loving hell that's a plot twist. Hopefully things settle down for both of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dick Trauma posted:

I worked at my local library when I was in high school and the only patron I can still remember is the man who would stand for hours at the paperback book racks, just spinning them, and then from time to time he would loudly exclaim "sssssSSSSSSUCK MY COCK!" and then dash for the front doors.

Nice to know someone remembers me

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Not exactly library related but also insanely likely to be this threads jam.

https://twitter.com/dancohen/status/1350831682350415872

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'm way too cool to go diving for 'popular mechanics'. Now 'indie mechanics' on the other hand...

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

tinytort posted:

Well, it's neutral toned, not monochrome. Also, do you know how hard it is to paint babies with white greasepaint and keep it from getting all over everything?

Painting them black gets you in even more trouble.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'm just using this thread as a dumping ground for random cool book stuff I find now.

https://twitter.com/Dr_TheHistories/status/1541215794029158400

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Hi thread! OP here and it chuffs me to no end that this is still chugging along and a nice space for library chat for folks on both sides of the stacks. :)

It's a quiet thread but people seem to like it that way for some strange reason.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/OrkneyLibrary/status/1710293107168682198

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

slidebite posted:

Question: What about brand new, current books? I was gifted a couple of cook books that just isn't my thing. Is there a chance my local public library potentially be interested in it?

Do you have little free libraries in your neighborhood? They're a great place to get rid of books if so. There is also the time honoured tradition of leaving it out the front of your house with a sign saying "free" or "$10" if you really want someone to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019