Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
This is kind of dumb, but I'm curious:

I was at our library the other day with my kids. We were looking through their children's picture books section which is mostly sorted alpha by author, but I noticed that the Pete the Cat books were under "Pete". I would've assumed they'd be listed under (James) Dean? Is this not because some of the books were authored by Eric Litwin (although I think Dean has always been first author?). Or is it just because kids look up "Pete" the Cat or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
In my experience Half Price Books will take all your outdated, niche-interest textbooks and such. You won't actually get value of out them, but you at least don't have to pay for them to get recycled.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

that said, why would you have to pay to recycle paper and cardboard? you can just put it in the blue bin
Some municipalities have pretty strict refuse service and it's actually quite difficult to rid yourself of volumes of books (and other stuff). Last time we did a basement clean out I had to rent a dumpster for $500 and at least being able to offload all the published textbooks I had to Half Price meant I didn't have to pay any surcharges on the dumpster.