Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Khazar-khum posted:

In the Men's Room?

I've never worked in a library but I've cleaned bathroom. I can tell you all about bathrooms.

First thing is you get people of the wrong gender in bathrooms a lot. Most of the time its somebody that wasn't paying close attention or was tired or drunk or something. Usually they'd notice the mistake and go to the right one real quick. Not that huge of a deal really just walk out and go to the other one slightly embarrassed.

Second, well...you know that feeling when you have to get into a bathroom RIGHT loving NOW? Of course you do. You're human and old enough to read. It's happened at least once. When that happens you just bolt for the closest door that you know has a toilet and a sink behind it. Sometimes your brain just refuses to register that you're good for one door but not the other. And really if you're streaming blood all over and just need to find the closest sink then I don't think its a problem if you accidentally went in the wrong door.

I can tell you bathroom stories but they're neither all that interesting or apropos so yeah. Anyway a lot of things can happen that lead to somebody bleeding all over a bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Oh I know, I read one once out of curiosity. It was ludicrously extreme in some respects, but hilariously tame in others. Rice seems to have no understanding of foreplay and even less idea of how penises work. I downright lost it and cracked up when I got to the pony barn part.

Anne Rice herself is actually astonishingly vanilla so that would probably make sense. She said some time in an interview that she never had sex with anybody other than her husband. I think they even waited until marriage and never bothered to get up to any crazy shenanigans. After he died I guess she had no interest at all in getting remarried. You'd expect somebody that wrote that sort of thing to have first hand experience in the craziest sex imaginable but according to her interviews she just, like, doesn't do that sort of thing.

Her birth name is also Howard. She is actually a pretty interesting lady.

ToxicSlurpee fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 28, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The apartment building I live in has a particular bookshelf thing that people put mostly books they don't want anymore but sometimes other stuff too. I guess occasionally maintenance comes and clears it of crap that's been there for a while. Figure that counts as a little free library.

I swear it's 95% trashy romance novels.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

At the very least, it's bullshit to send someone an "invitation to an interview" at a particular time, and then wipe their hands on their pants and assume that the interview at that specific time is now set.

I'm reasonably certain that if they hosed up and you didn't even know about the interview it'd be a dick move on their part to not schedule you another one. I mean, they made the mistake not you.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Vavrek posted:

Gosh. I just thought "Wow, that looks bad" and "what happens if you drop a book on it, how far apart is the grating? Could it land edge-down and slightly damage the spine?" And then every post since has been about yet another way (that hadn't occurred to me) in which it's horrible.

Yeah, grated floors are one of those things filed under "unless you have an actual need for them, don't." They're awful in basically every way and then just keep getting worse the more you think about them. If a building's purpose actually requires grated floors then fine whatever put them in but in a library? gently caress no.