Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My company (a large S&P500 company) is so backwards with password security it's infuriating. We need no less than 5 log-ins for various systems within our company, passwords that need to change every month or so (roughly, there seems to be no reason to it although I'm sure there is) and different log-ins for various other vendor related websites we need to use. So I have log-ins that are:

Alphanumeric employee #
A different variation of our employee #
last name/first initial
first initial/last name
first initial/last name@domain.com - this is especially rich because it's not even a real email we use

They will NOT allow us to use a password manager. It's literally forcing people (even non-olds) to write passwords down on a pad next to their desk. They recently in their wisdom decided that "hey, maybe with these 5 log-ins we need, we can share passwords between them" even if the log-in names themselves are not the same. So that's a work in progress.

I swear, they're literally going out of their way to create potential security problems. Maybe it's a job security thing for them :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Pretty sure my library still has PS1 and PS2 physical discs to borrow.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Question: What about brand new, current books? I was gifted a couple of cook books that just isn't my thing. Is there a chance my local public library potentially be interested in it?