Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Re: makerspaces

Is there a general consensus on whether or not library staff would be cool with someone learning to use them? A branch of my local library has one and I'd love to regularly make a bunch of lovely 3d prints at cost and take on the odd woodworking project. However, if they're generally regarded as a waste of space by the staff, maybe the more polite thing would be for me to stay away and let it die, instead of being a single, enthusiastic point in favor of keeping it: "Well, this one guy uses the place all the time. Last week, he made a cat tree and 3d printed some tabletop minis. Other than him, nothing."

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

In the "could've been worse" department, that column next to the window looks like part of the roof support.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Desert Bus posted:

How much do you all hate me now lol?

To quote your rap sheet: What the gently caress is wrong with you? Grow up and move on.

You clearly have a problem and deserve pity, not hate.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Waffle! posted:

If he'd just save his files he wouldn't have to keep mashing the keys every time he comes in.

But that's how they get you!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Just fine?