Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pleased by Trion's complete financial failure and mass sackings to the point of sexual gratification.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of bait & switchers.

Also lol @ any fucker who gave them money for that Defiance 2050 relaunch scam flop.

Press F to piss on grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
http://mmofallout.com/trion-worlds-tells-court-company-disbanded-all-employees-terminated/

"Defendant’s counsel reporter that Trion Worlds has suddenly disbanded this week. All assets and
property were assigned to Trion Worlds (ABC) LLC, and they proceeded to sell the assets and intellectual
property to others, particularly Gamigo, a Germany-based game publisher. All of the employees of Trion
have been terminated effective October 22, 2018, i.e. immediately upon the announcement, and its
directors and officers are gone and the company will be dissolved."

If you click on the Trion Worlds under that article you'll see a whole bunch of lawsuit related articles. They've been in legal strife for the past 3 years. Seems this sale to Gamigo was not only because they were insolvent but also an attempt to shift assets away from exposure to the existing lawsuit.

I don't know how legal that is but that sort of action fits with what we came to expect from this (former) bunch. I wonder where the (former) executive officers have run off to.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I remember how Defiance the MMO flopped. Both launches.

On that topic how stupid do you have to be to put money into the 2050 relaunch this year which was the exact same game as in 2013 only literally far worse in every aspect including core game play loop?

The same kind of stupid that is still posting on the official forums asking devs for features, bug fixes (for 5 year old bugs identical that persisted from the 2013 launch) and holding out hope even to this day.

Like... what devs?

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 31, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Archeage was very good in alpha 1.0 then went to poo poo after the first patch.

Then it went and jumped on the human effluent slip and slide.

Remember how we all paid... I think was a hundred bucks to play the alpha? Those are some good bad with money memories.

Also the fishing boat drama that was basically the end of coordinated goon play in subsequent MMO launches. :v:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 1, 2018