Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the way they murdered RIFT is nothing short of an MMO crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

RIFT's attempt at a legacy server called RIFT prime was an unprecedented disaster. in 2011, the era they tried to emulate, RIFT was a very successful game making them tons of money, and they just couldn't restrain themselves from implementing horrible cash shop poo poo and a totally broken ersatz attempt to replicate the original systems with the modern game and literally not one thing worked right. It was impossibly bad and RIFT was my favorite MMO ever, I was really disappointed when I got into one of the dungeons I loved back in the day and everything was impossible because they had left the HP scaled up by like 1,000%, and lots of souls (classes) were garbage and one entire like genre of souls, warrior (six classes) was total garbage and worthless. It should be studied by future game designers as an example of abject failure and mismanagement and throwing money into a hole in the ground

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Annath posted:

RIP RIFT I guess.

I enjoyed the hell out of it the brief time I played it at launch, and even came back for a month when Storm Legion launched, but stopped because none of my friends would quit WoW long enough to try it. I suppose that turned out to be a good thing since I only have pleasant memories of the game.

RIFT raiding up until storm legion is still the absolute peak of theme park MMO group content. its never been topped and I suspect it never will be, it was just so much fun and so well constructed, especially the second-tier dungeons like the one with the giant glittering scorpions or the underground death worm