Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I sort of blame RIFT with infecting me with the completionist disease that has ruined so many RPGs for me, singleplayer included. Those shinies you could collect in each zone as part of a set, the riddle chests you could find and loot once per character per zone, the named mobs that checked off a box in the acheivement tracker... That poo poo is just irresistible to me. I would spend days wandering around the starter zone, looking for nameds I didn't care about, collecting shinies while hoping for the rare one I needed, never really progressing my character or the story. And then, getting bored as poo poo and quitting the game, because I could not mentally get past the idea of not completing the checklist before moving to another area.

And here I am today, a ruined man who can't complete Witcher 3 despite everything about that game being extremely My poo poo. I want to know what happens to Geralt, but then the idea of investigating another pointless ? on the map for loot I never need anyway just wilts my interest...

Gah, gently caress you RIFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU