Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Also, just because someone is discoverable doesn't mean you need to enter the answer then and there. They may appear in additional scenes, and there may be later clues. It just means there's enough to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

K8.0 posted:

Yeah I misspoke, I didn't mean Martin, I meant another officer, who I think also becomes identifiable in that scene for no apparent reason. The thing that really compounded it for me is that once you give up on identifying someone the first opportunity, you're kinda hosed - unless you write it down, there's no way to tell what scene reveals their identity. That combined with the timer forcing you out of scenes and breadcrumbing you to the next one feels like really bad game design that is out of character with how clean everything else is.

You're missing core components of the game.

You can revisit scenes all you want. There's no one scene where you are given an identity for most people, it's just when you have all the required the information.

The timer I think is actually a pretty good idea since it helps gives you all the scenes and lets you see what is happening to get a better understanding of the story so you can go back and review the individual points in better detail. It keeps you moving.

Any if you can't figure it out, just wait a bit and come back to it later. There's only one obvious way to screw up the game.