Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

dmboogie posted:

i think my single biggest breakthrough was figuring out how much information the Justice at Sea sketch gives you - all the stewards wear the same uniform, the gunner's mate is standing right to the gunner, the 4th mate's steward is standing right next to him, ect.
The sketch is a goldmine - once you have a handful of identities sorted, you can ID many others by who they're standing by. For example: The helmsman's at the wheel, the officers are mostly standing next to each other, with their rank corresponding to distance to the Capt, the stewards are dressed alike, the topmen are grouped together, the seamen are grouped together, stewards are next to their mates etc.

Is that the EZIC star shining from the sea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Short answer:

________________________________no________________________________
The third shell? that was on the body of the Captain's steward?

Really Pants posted:

This one's wrong.
It was my last one solved too! It has two fakers

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 26, 2018

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Bold Robot posted:

Maybe they wanted to make sure the captain had actually tossed the shells and didn't believe him when he said he had? I definitely also wondered what went down between them and the captain, they seemed like good dudes beforehand.
That was my guess as well. I'm curious about that sequence-of-murders scene as well. The midshipman overheard the gunner's mate talking with the Bosun and someone else about something he shouldn't hear, so the gunner's mate stabbed him? Then the fourth mate heard about it and mutiny plans, so he shot the gunner's mate. Brennan then clubbed the 4th mate because he knew about the mutiny plan? So the fourth mate and midshipman were murdered because they knew about the planned mutiny by Hoscutt/Brennan/GM. Therefore Hoscutt had already planned the mutany while comforting the Midshipman.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I like your explanation, esp re: 4th mate's role. Of note, I think your explanation about Brennan's role isn't giving enough weight to the fact that he ultimately participated in the mutiny.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 26, 2018

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I believe there's a line explicitly saying there are 3 shells.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

tonberrytoby posted:

It was the last one I got, along with the guy in the port walk. Who is difficult in a extremely rewarding way.
I wonder how many people finished with this particular case!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

In western culture: Most women immediately notice wedding rings, or lack thereof. Most men don't.