Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I played this game. It is super good. My favorite twist was the kraken and then after that several other times, but when you realize it's going There you're like oohhhh!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh look big crabs!! ... oh they shoot spines, they're um.... weird crabs? Did this guy not research spider crabs or it's yeah... a monstrous version maybe..... CRAb RIDERS fuuuuuUCK AAaAaAA

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GadL-6wpp3U

There's a soft claw snapping sound at the beginning.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tbh I think the game is too hard but it is logically all doable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Theoretically you can learn every single person's identity with no guesswork at all. But I'm going to be honest, I probably would've found it impossible to do so. When you see it explained, you will understand why and how, but it's very tricky.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean, hypothetically, some of the sailors could've changed/traded their socks, you do kind of have to assume that they didn't.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sockser posted:

I still have yet to see an adequate explanation on sorting out the Chinese topmen

Literally the socks are part of it for them. That's why I mentioned it, pissed me right off.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sockser posted:

I know it's the shoes but I've never been able to piece together what the gently caress I was looking at outside of the hammock scene

I definitely think that chunk is the most weakly-designed

My problem with that part isn't that it's undoable, it's that it's not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, I mean 95% of the bullshit was fun for me. But that specifically tipped it over and it felt like the pacing slowed to a crawl while I still had a true ending to get to. I wouldn't have minded so much but some of the models are pretty hard to tell apart and at a point I felt I was wrestling more with the game than the puzzle.