Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The moral of the story is to don't ever steal from mermaids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I thought the Formosans were the ones that originally stole from the mermaids, because the mermaids clearly wanted the shells inside the chest back and the surviving mermaid peacefully leaves when given the remaining shell back by the third mate in the epilogue. The second mate's mutiny just made it easier for the mermaids to try and get the shells back.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 23, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

overeager overeater posted:

Am I misremembering the sequence of events, or did they (ending spoilers) throw in the monkey after making the deal with the mermaids? Initially I thought they were throwing it in as bait, but that doesn't really make sense in hindsight.
The ship surgeon purposely killed the monkey so the inspector could use the watch on the monkey's hand to see what happened.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 23, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Undead Hippo posted:

I'm assuming that noticing the hammock numbers is necessary and expected for completing the game. But hot drat did it make me feel like a real smart sherlock.
Yeah, its pretty essential, but its a fantastic environmental clue that I also really appreciated when it clicked for me.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

nachos posted:

Is her story like this? I’m looking for a similar game as well
Yes it is, though it focuses primarily on phrases and words and it ultimately leaves the conclusions up to the player unlike Obra Dinn which is more upfront with what you need to conclude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The shift from the stuff on the bridge to The Doom chapter was so well done. The music kicking in just as you're probably starting to look up was fantastic.