Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

Xarbala posted:

This is basically what I and some other jerks did with our friends.

Same here, but the friends still bought the game for themselves :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
I'm considering replaying it mostly to figure out what's the optimal way to reveal the story to those who probably wouldn't play it otherwise.

RE: Timeline

I always figured Bargain to overlap with the tail end of Doom and the verrrry beginning of Escape, and the chapters 7-10 happening over maybe a couple of days at the absolute most given how loads of bodies are still lying around below the main deck.
That said, that's a really good point made that Dahl pulling out the shell might have caused the Obra Dinn to radiate a beacon of 'here, attack this since its got all the things you care about aboard', so I should probably reassess that order.
I guess Bargain's more fragmented in how it happens concurrent to chapters 6 to 9 but it's hard to place other than the last part of Bargain is before the last lifeboat leaves.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

Coolguye posted:

the disease in a bitter cold is never identified btw - evans specifically says it is NOT tuberculosis/consumption because it isn't contagious like TB

I figured it was something like pneumonia, but I'm much further from an expert than even very-early-19th century surgeons are!

I love this game a lot because of just the breadcrumbs left between the characters and how they relate to each other; I've probably posted about it before earlier in the thread, but even after solving all fates correctly it's so open to interpretation and speculation as to why. Is Nichols butthurt about being passed over for First Mate? Did the Hoscuts and Witterels have family back home who have to deal with being left destitute-- or whatever happens when the Crown seizes things? How'd the chest get this far one way-- with or without the Formosans is another variable-- but not the other? How the hell did Evans have the pocketwatch to begin with? :allears: loving love this game.