Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
The sound design deserves every accolade it gets. I enjoyed the music, the voice acting and those crab/spider noises will haunt me for quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Really Pants posted:

The carpenter's mate also says "I've got this boss!" in the scene where he dies, and the carpenter is crouched behind him saying "No get down!" and trying to pull him to safety.

Thanks for reminding me how badass the two of them are, the carpenter especially goes out like a hero!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Don't you see his unusual weapon by his hammock at some point?

Yep, he also brandishes it on multiple occasions. The way he dresses is also a give-away.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I really want to know what pushed the three remaining crewmembers to turn against the captain, all three of them seemed to serve with distinction up to that point.

It's been almost three months and yet this game is still on my mind.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Vib Rib posted:

In the book, yes. But I really doubt that Dahl spent the entire crab attack and kraken storm twiddling his thumbs only to eventually open the box and go "oooh, what's this!" Hell, his memory even opens with what sounds like him being thrown into the hold and locked in, like it just happened.

I think the sound is him breaking his chains and trying to open the chest. It's very likely that this occurred well before the kraken attack.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

It'd be very ironic if Dahl turns out to be the one who dooms the ship.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Carbolic posted:

*makes monstrous braying noise*

I don't think I'll ever get those sounds out of my head.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Poque posted:

I love the pipe organ from the Unholy Captives tracks, those are probably my favorite.

It fits as well considering the silly manners in which the people die. The cook was a moron.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

LinYutang posted:

Re the carpenters: I immediately identified them from their first scene, given the American accents, the axe throwing, and the fact that the mate was protecting his boss. RIP badass American heroes.

The carpenter gets his due as far as being badass is concerned but his mate is definitely no slouch either, when your first reaction to crab riders is throwing your axe at him you deserve every praise you get. He doesn't even hesitate.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I can't get this game out of my head and the fact that there aren't really any games quite like it keeps making me sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

tokenbrownguy posted:

Just picked this up. Got a couple hours in and -- spoilers for just after the first bit of medical stuff slash the Soldier's chapter:

The loving Squid was awesome in the classical sense of the word, but I just found the guy in the cubby space outside the ?orlop deck? at the start of the Soldier's Chapter. I'm all, "what's this dude spying on, oh huh someone had boarded, or maybe it was the mutineers, let's just take a look-WHAT THE CHRIST."

The sound design really shines through in that chapter.