Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

I think the mermaids didn't attack before the canary islands is because assaulting an ~-60 men ship ain't worth it just for a shell - but a pair of life boat? Nice opportunity.
As far as the shells in the drawer - well, the shell doesn't seem to burn people by themselves - you need to put 'em in the top to do it - and to do the stun thingy. So no need for shielding in the lower deck.

And unrelated question about character motivation (spoilers about the doom, part 8):

Why the hell did Abigail went outside to search for the captain? The simplest explanation is that she's dumb (won't be the only one on deck that died because of their own stupidity - see the cook), but I'll rather have something that did not rely on "it didn't make sense and it's the point"?

Oh, and speaking of him, something that amused me:

I found it funny, at first, that everyone seem to assume that the mermaids speak English, for no reason.
Then it appears that they were right. Okay...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU