Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Unlucky7 posted:

There is one thing I could not get my head around: (The Doom Chapter Spoilers) I know there were two guys blasted with the cannon, but I only ever saw the one dude in the part where they died. Was the other dudes corpse blasted somewhere else? Or just, ya know, destroyed?

This is left mostly to deduction I think. In the memory just before they were blasted you can see they were both right next to each other. Seconds later, when the cannon goes off, only one corpse is visible. There's also a gun port and a fresh new hole in the side of the hull just next to where he' was standing. Lastly, you can hear a scream after the cannon goes off, which trails off a bit . the existing corpse had his head blown off, so its probably not him. So the most likely thing to assume is that he was blasted overboard.

xthetenth posted:

Also, ending spoiler, is there a way to make it so that The guys who accidentally shoot fellow crewmen aren't fined?
[/spoiler]

Sometimes there are multiple valid solutions. For example, with the cannon going off and blasting the gunner, I listed the attacker as A Terrible Beast, and that was accepted. You can also blame the sailor who lit the fuse, but if you do that then his estate is fined.

I'm not sure if this works for the guy who was accidentally shot through a wall. Technically he was bleeding out anyway...

This game was rad and I would totally play another one in the same mold, but I can also see why it would take ages to design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

xthetenth posted:

Edit: Yeah, I said the guy who lit the fuze did it and he got fined. Do you remember what his result was like if the beast did it, did he get any special recognition for valor?

Exceptional performance of duties, same as most of the crew who die in non-mutinous ways.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Dominoes posted:

I believe there's a line explicitly saying there are 3 shells.

Check it out, this guy doesn't know about the three shells!