Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
There is one thing I could not get my head around: (The Doom Chapter Spoilers) I know there were two guys blasted with the cannon, but I only ever saw the one dude in the part where they died. Was the other dudes corpse blasted somewhere else? Or just, ya know, destroyed?

Also, technically, that one dude had the poo poo squeezed out of him :haw:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chomposaur posted:

Man, this was just such a great experience. I'm glad it came completely out of nowhere for me. I loved the little musical pieces too. I always looked forward to that satisfying jaunty tune when the fates get typeset.

One spoilery question: were the deaths of the dudes who tried to peace out on the rowboat before the beast attack actually visible on-screen? I just kinda surmised the beast got them since a horrific tentacle beast popped out right where they lowered themselves into the ocean.

Yes, actually! You can see them and their boat being tossed into the air at a later part.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bold Robot posted:

Hell of a game, amazing puzzle. Very glad I picked this up.

The one thing I am still unclear on is what was the 2nd mate's plan? After the mutiny, where was going with the Formosans and their chest? Am I right that the shells were in the chest all along and opening it out at sea caused the initial attack by the mermaids?

I think he was trying to sail to one of the nearby islands or mainland Africa. And I think the chest was not opened until the end, when...something pacified them.

My pet theory is that the Shells were a means of controlling the sea people that the Formosans has, which is why they stopped attacking once the dude opened the chest and why the sea people attacked them; The wanted to seize their own leashes, so to speak.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rookersh posted:

But the Chinese I basically just bruteforced. I couldn't see any of them near/around the tagging. None of them ever say their names. They all have the same job. I felt like I missed something here.

I was able to find out one of the Chinese by matching him to the cot that he was sitting near in one of the scenes. The rest though, I had to brute force, though brute forcing 3 men (6 possibilities) is a lot more doable than 4 (24 possibilities).