Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McGlockenshire posted:

I really don't wanna derail this thread more than needed, but you're seeing only the end result without any of the context.

I was a moderator on a discord with PPJ during those events. Everything described in the bit you're worried about was discussed at great length in moderator chat. I won't speak for anyone else or discuss the contents of the conversations, but I was heavily, heavily in favor of centralized nazi banning. None of this poo poo happened in a vacuum, and PPJ was not the only person acting or making decisions.

I can only assume that this information wasn't included in his post because he didn't want to drag us into the drama. I say this based on his public behavior and statements in that discord after the drama started. I stepped down as moderator there a few months ago.

Given what I know, I find it hard to believe that PPJ is a nazi or that his moderator actions are influenced by any bias against trans people. I'm not saying he didn't have it out for Prester Jane, just that I don't think that bigotry is the driver.

oh poo poo, the authoritarians are coming from inside the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LK, people keep getting banned and threads keep getting locked for discussing any of this in QCS. Threads for this keep getting locked & gassed in CSPAM. Where should this be discussed?

yeah, PJ, that’s basically where I’m at. i mean, poo poo, if the mods & their KF buddies will go after Wampa and Nichael, lastgirl, benghazi, all the other good posters who’ve been systematically hosed over one by one, everyone and anyone will get hosed if they speak out, so why care? gently caress it, punishment is inevitable.

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's your choice, but putting yourself in smaller social circles so you don't have to interact with the wrong sort of people doesn't seem like a great long-term solution either. Self-segregation is ultimately still segregation. Negative peace allows for progress, slow progress but still progress, segregation does not.

Maybe just take a couple months off, let things blow over and settle down before you make an irrevocable decision to burn bridges? Winter is awful, things might look better in the spring. SA is miles more progressive than it was 10 years ago, be a shame to risk a permaban now and lock yourself out of whatever SA becomes tomorrow.

lmao jesus, literally “just wait around and the rising tide of fascists will go away, somehow, smell the flowers :nsa:

the_centrist.jpg