Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Please don't cry for Tibalt, he's the same person who said he would vote for Hitler if he had a D next to his name. He's the second dumbest person in D&D behind Fulchrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Al! posted:

the most useful part of this thread is understanding how and why it's insanely toxic

Seriously, if you or anyone else is here to poo poo all over the thread, can you not?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dumb Lowtax posted:

This all made me realize that chuds make a point to consume fake news on purpose. They are proud that they consume fake news, because it demonstrates their loyalty even better than consuming real news supporting their team.

No loving poo poo.

Everything they do in life is to "trigger the libs" including watching fake news and being proud of it.

How are people just now still figuring this poo poo out for the first time?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Helsing posted:

Maybe that last post was too harsh on my part but Prester I gotta point out that you're equally brutal in your dealings with the D&D brainworms caucus so I don't exactly feel like I'm punching below the belt here.

This thread is in C-SPAM, not D&D.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ross perot in hell posted:

Well yes but I was sort of hoping that itt people would potentially have, from the narrativist model, a testable hypothesis about what happens now. It will be one big twitter beef yes, but he has run out of room for further escalation with 16 months to go! Again I'm not being hyperbolic, he is literally calling for the physical removal of his political opponents while his administration commits a slow motion genocidal ethnic cleansing. His narcissism and narrativism demand increasingly large supply hits - where does he go for them, from here!?

The next escalation is to tell his follower to start sending random brown people "home" instead of these high profile congresswomen.

Honestly just seeing some people just now start to realize that these rallies are fascist is loving shocking to me. They were fascist from the start. Seeing people just now, in July, come to the realization that they're trying to kill Ilhan Omar when this poo poo has been going on for months makes me just feel exhausted. Sometimes it feels like libs are just months/years behind on realizing what the gently caress is actually happening.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

why does all the supposed "constructive criticism" always turn into yelling at PJ and describing anyone who posts in this thread without ripping her apart as cult members

she's not asking you to donate money or go live in her compound in the woods. how is posting in an extremely slow moving thread cult like behavior?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Willie Tomg posted:

incurious worshippers

gently caress off

Willie Tomg posted:

its a real headscratcher i tells ya.

so the answer is that you're a giant rear end in a top hat?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It varies based on who teaches you. I had a microecon professor who took one whole class to explain why the national debt is total bullshit and why you should write off anyone who tries to use it to scare you into austerity measures.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Prester Jane posted:

Still laughing my rear end off at PPJ's extremely bad opsec- holy poo poo he never put any real thought into covering his tracks.

I would like to quote a part of PPJ’s now-infamous OP to hammer home how incredibly loving stupid PPJ was in the hopes that nothing ever happens like this again:

quote:

Finally another goon and I got tired of this. We messaged Lowtax and said, "hey can you like, uh, just delete the gaming garbage discord and remake it if you're going to use it going forward for streams or patreon or anything going forward. as it is it's complete dogshit full of posts and posters you really would not be associated with any sort of donation drive (the only people posting comments on it are people who were permabanned from SA as it is)"

He said, wait, what the gently caress? Point me to them and I'll punt their asses off the server.

I said that was too much work and you wouldn't be able to get everybody.

So bring GDN in. GDN is, if you don't know, the Goon Discord Network

Without wanting to come across as defending Lowtax and all of his recent actions, Lowtax’s initial impulse here (ban all the Nazis) was 100% the correct decision and PPJ told Lowtax “no, don’t do that” and proposed the solution that led to user personal information being compromised as well as all of the resulting fallout.

Even if one is still somehow giving PPJ's events the benefit of the doubt, what in the absolute gently caress is the thinking behind this kind of decision? I honestly can’t comprehend it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

McGlockenshire posted:

I really don't wanna derail this thread more than needed, but you're seeing only the end result without any of the context.

I was a moderator on a discord with PPJ during those events. Everything described in the bit you're worried about was discussed at great length in moderator chat. I won't speak for anyone else or discuss the contents of the conversations, but I was heavily, heavily in favor of centralized nazi banning. None of this poo poo happened in a vacuum, and PPJ was not the only person acting or making decisions.

I can only assume that this information wasn't included in his post because he didn't want to drag us into the drama. I say this based on his public behavior and statements in that discord after the drama started. I stepped down as moderator there a few months ago.

Given what I know, I find it hard to believe that PPJ is a nazi or that his moderator actions are influenced by any bias against trans people. I'm not saying he didn't have it out for Prester Jane, just that I don't think that bigotry is the driver.

Sorry, none of this changes my complaint. I still think PPJs decision was incredibly misguided at best and y'all should have questioned the guy saying "No, don't ban the Nazis" a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

McGlockenshire posted:

the line of thinking was "why just ban some nazis now when we can ban even more nazis later?"

also as far as I know most of them were banned manually and relatively swiftly. hell, the "ban even more nazis later" part never happened after the API keys got compromised anyway.

:thunk:

I hope you all at least realize that that line of thinking was wrong going forward.