Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Slayers is a great series that brings nothing but smiles to my face. Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Super Jay Mann posted:

Lina is a good girl.

Lina is besto gal

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zelgadis, and eventually Amelia, used magic that didnt come from demons or whatnot. It was like...I guess earth magic or something? I vaguely remember them saying something like the nature-sourced spells didn't have the sheer power of dark magic, but they could be used effectively against divine/demonic opponents.

It's been a couple years though, so I could be misremembering this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wheat Loaf posted:

Astral magic, isn't it?

Yeah, that or shamanistic. It was something else like that!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Cappy posted:

This is a weird criticism to me because pretty much every Japanese voice actor has only one voice they ever do.

Sure, but I don't think they had the same Japanese actress play 2 separate characters in the same episode.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the dub more than the sub (even that episode) but I can see how little things like that done for cheaper budgets could annoy people.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
According to my research, more Slayers is 100% a good thing, with zero downside.:hmmyes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Old weebs are joyless husks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I never said I wasn't a joyless husk. I only had so much space for VHS tapes.:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TenementFunster posted:

yeah i’ve heard as much from other tittybaby dub-watching casuals :smug:

me and the rest of The Lost Otaku have never heard him speak before

hush now, Oxyclean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am ready to own physical copies of the slayers novels.

I am ready.