Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm gonna be honest with you guys: Lina isn't flat.

Edit: Is there an order I should watch this in? I'm starting with the original anime and it seems to be standalone but about everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I've been watching this dubbed for the first 20 episodes but I can't handle it anymore. Trying to match lip flaps has led to some of the biggest dubbing crimes against humanity.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

There were constant jokes about Lina's flat chest (which isn't flat) but I didn't have subs on so I don't know.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Mazed posted:

Slayers is the most accurate portrayal of all time of what Dungeons & Dragons is really like.

Well, the Fighter is useless, so it is pretty accurate.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm one episode into Next and the english voice acting already seems 100x better.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

Except not being a chimaera.

:thurman:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

The 4kids dub actors are great at being goofs, but I can't stand that Veronica Taylor only knows how to do two voices, so I end up watching the sub anyway.

This is a weird criticism to me because pretty much every Japanese voice actor has only one voice they ever do.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Until someone tries to rules lawyer their way out of a bad situation it's not a D&D campaign.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HySCRz6Atf4

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 24, 2021

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The show ignoring all consequences of Lina blowing up cities and tons of bystanders is the best. Reminds me of One Punch Man in a way.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

How did Lina beat up Shabranigdu but she can't beat up Xellos? Science can't explain that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The first series's dub was kind of rough, but they fixed the problems by Next in my opinion.