Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crabtree posted:

What exactly did Slayers do right that Lost Universe did so, so wrong?

not be so insanely unfinished that one of the episodes contained a scene in which the scene literally turned into storyboards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh i feel like there's no real need for a separate slayers system since slayers is pretty explicitly just an anime based on a d&d game. like lina's a wizard, gourry's a fighter, I guess zel'd be a warlock, you don't really need to homebrew anything even

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm gonna be honest with you guys: Lina isn't flat.

Edit: Is there an order I should watch this in? I'm starting with the original anime and it seems to be standalone but about everything else.
basically:

the tv series go in production order, so just watch them in that order.

the movies/OVAs take place before the first season of the anime, but don't tie into them until revolution/evolution-r, and even then its in a 'not necessarily explicit' way. so you can watch them whenever, but should watch them at some point before you get to the stuff that was made in the 2010s.

If it makes it easier to get, the original novels were just two series.

The original Slayers, a 15 book series that was adapted into the various TV series.

And Slayers Special, a total of 30 short stories that take place before the first of the original Slayers book. These are mostly just random misadventures with no throughline connecting them, hence why they were adapted as OVAs and movies instead of having their material worked into the TV series.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 10, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

With the exception of Slayers Premium which takes place after Try.

oh yeah i forgot that one