Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Mulderman posted:

The first 8 novels were translated and released by Tokyopop
The other 7 however remain untranslated. With no plans on translating them.
You can find some fan translations online, but the quality of those leaves much to be desired.

Honestly the Tokyopop releases left a lot to be desired as well. I can't speak to the quality of the translation but I'll absolutely complain about the typos and general lack of proofreading.

Wark Say posted:

I know this might not be much consolation, but most of the Slayers games that came out are fairly decent. Never played the PS One game, though.

A friend of mine and I brute forced our way through the Saturn releases with a half-baked spell list translation. I'm pretty sure Royal 2 was the one with a lot of branching choices between tactics levels so neither of us ever knew what was or even could be going on. Still fun.

Mordaedil posted:

There is a SNES Slayers game that got a romhack translation. The story ends up pulling one over you too.

Don't read it you don't mind a bit of spoiling:
While the game starts you out as Lina Inverse, you start off strangely weak and everyone comments on this, but it turns out you are a Lina clone and the real Lina is max level wrecking havoc around the countryside while you do the mainplot. So you can eventually team up with Lina as Lina. It's great.

The SNES game was a good time. My favorite part is that some of the characters you get in your party kind of just do what they want. Like no matter what you tell her to do there's a pretty good chance that Amelia will use Visfarank and Naga will choose some big splashy expensive spell even if you're fighting, like, a single wounded goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU