Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Best minion Jyllas is also from that season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Onmi posted:

Welp, I'm 10 minutes into Slayers Ep 1. This is... amazing. It's got a real rapid fire to its humor that I don't really see all that much anymore. The best part is characters talking out loud right next to each other while they apparently can't hear each other. Except for Lina, who's hearing is exceptional. Definitely going to watch all 5 seasons.

EDIT: Yup, this is going to be a trip

Lina Inverse, the natural enemy of all who lives!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Kelly Manison is amazing yeah.

Would it be fair to consider Naga the queen of the Ojou-sama laugh?

Well, there's the Black Rose from Ranma 1/2.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My friend hates Megumi's voice so it's always dub for him.

Me I just go with what's available.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TenementFunster posted:

he isn't your friend

You're right, he's my landlord.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Amelia is more of a Monk. Zelgadis could be a Warlock I guess?

Amelia is clearly a D&D Cleric, complete with being a surprisingly potent mélée fighter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

Came in for the funny honeypot thread, stayed for the chat of known cool and good anime Slayers. Give a Reason was a pick me up song for me over a decade ago and I'm glad to have remembered it exists.

Which is not to say Get Along isn't amazing, because it is and the intro narration of the opening is why Lina is my spirit animal. And the third opening... Exists, yes, it sure does.

Wherever there are monsters, I will kill them! Wherever there is treasure, I will take it!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I hope if we do a new season they keep alive the tradition of having an episode where the dudes have to crossdress.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I should finish Revolution and Evolution-R one of these days.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Coxswain Balls posted:

She'd still be a princess, as far as I know.

Just finished Try, which is still good, but it felt like the main plot had too much focus. The standalone episodes were fun as hell, but feel like they were just tacked on which messed with the pacing. Needed way more childish humour since that's what Slayers does best, imo. The part in Next where Gourry gets kicked in the dick will never not make me laugh - everyone's timing and facial expressions are perfect.

I forgive Try because it had Jyllas, the best evil henchman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I have a friend who really hates Megumi's voice. Mostly when she goes for those high-schrill moments.

Personally I like her. But the dub is how I got to watch SLayers for the first time so it's nostalgic.