Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

My girlfriend spent several months leveling all the crafter and gatherer classes to 70 and loved it. Some people really like the crafting and gathering in this.

The cooking and fishing I know were awesome but I never really spent much time on any of the others. Too busy question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
They make the best cutscenes. They went all out with the coil of bahamut cutscenes and I wish they'd make more epic optional storylines like that one. I like how connected the development team is with players. They really take feedback to heart and that's probably the best thing it's got going for it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think people really ought to appreciate a developer outright saying “ok we really hosed up this game, but instead of abandoning it and shutting down the servers we’re going to canonically wipe the slate clean and try again”

Has there been any other game with such an incredible turnaround from unplayable garbage fire to a standout of its genre?

this and also making the apocalypse happen and surviving it is Final Fantasy as gently caress so they managed to stay true to the series as well

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

IdealFlaws posted:

They make the best cutscenes. They went all out with the coil of bahamut cutscenes and I wish they'd make more epic optional storylines like that one.

They’re not going to do that anymore because too many people were upset that you had to have a raid group to see the Bahamut story resolution. That’s why they have the baby mode raids that you can clear in duty finder now, which I appreciate because I can’t raid seriously either.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kongming posted:

They’re not going to do that anymore because too many people were upset that you had to have a raid group to see the Bahamut story resolution. That’s why they have the baby mode raids that you can clear in duty finder now, which I appreciate because I can’t raid seriously either.

That’s cool. I look forward to trying that out when I resub in a couple weeks after Red Dead. I decided to take a break but I forgot to empty my house before it got demolished so now I have about 2 weeks left before they keep all my furniture and stuffed animals too. I’m also like 200 fates away from the plat trophy, that’s an incentive.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Please do not quote me it makes me look bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shampy posted:

That’s cool. I look forward to trying that out when I resub in a couple weeks after Red Dead. I decided to take a break but I forgot to empty my house before it got demolished so now I have about 2 weeks left before they keep all my furniture and stuffed animals too. I’m also like 200 fates away from the plat trophy, that’s an incentive.
I don't think you'll like it

you can't attack allied NPCs

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Kongming posted:

That makes sense. FFXIV's story is really good. It'd suck to miss it simply because you want to take it slow or don't have free time 24/7. Also Hildrebrand questline is the pinnacle of the story :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kongming posted:

They do occasionally add entire new bosses to the hard raid series though, as part of the phase transitions.

I know Kefka got a true form kefka that only savage raiders see.

• Locked thread