Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitAstronaut
Mar 7, 2024

Steve French posted:

Kids had a snow day announced yesterday so I wasn’t able to get out. Multiple independent reports that it skied like less than a foot of wind buff. I imagine that’s an exaggeration but I’m sure it is quite wind affected regardless.

I skinned from the house with my neighbor and hit a rarely covered line on a bluff down from the neighborhood off a ridge with a quarry on the other side.

Snow was great, felt comfortable skiing it while technically avy terrain with high risk because it was bare before the storm. No signs of instability at all.

GoPro angled too far down. Oh well.

Nothing special, only about 100m descent, just novel being right out the back door where I normally don’t bother skiing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuM-l3cL_9w

Where is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitAstronaut
Mar 7, 2024
Just moved to Longmont from Estes Park and looking for some ski partners if anyone is searching. Have my Level 1 and ski about 100% in the backcountry.

BitAstronaut
Mar 7, 2024

spwrozek posted:

That is a bummer. It skied really nice on Saturday. It was crazy windy last night in Denver though. Shaking the house.

It was awesome on Saturday. North Pole was skiing really well in the early afternoon as well!