Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I ride a Custom X 158 and I want to add a dedicated powder board to the mix. Riding pow through the trees is some of my favorite terrain, and I find the Custom X gets the job done but I the Fish 3d sounds super fun for this. I'm 5' 10" 180lb and I'm trying to decide between the 151 and 156. Leaning towards the 151 for the tight tree runs, is it gonna be too short though? My 158 feels a little long sometimes with quick turns. It'd be nice to demo different sizes but realistically I'm doing last minute trips to the mountains so I'm inclined to just buy one. Looking to stick with EST so I can use my bindings for both boards. Also, hope I'm not jinxing the gently caress out of the snowfall this season by buying a powder board, sorry in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Got to snowboard in Telluride last week for a few days, it was my first time there. What a magical little ski town. The snow conditions were not great, but we still had a wonderful time cruising around on groomers in the sunshine. The views are so incredible, everywhere you look. It seemed like there were a lot more skiers than snowboarders.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Kirkwood was delightful yesterday. They got a foot on Saturday and opened the backside on Sunday for the first time this season. Which line you taking?? I went between the two big rocks :)

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ought ten posted:

Left off the chair, over the wave, down through the trees on the boundary. Kirkwood’s a real gem, I miss that.

It was fun over there! I did maybe 4-5 runs before my legs gave out. It was tough at the bottom of that side, so easy to get stuck in the pow!

This thing surprised the hell out of me, I went right over it. It looked so much bigger in person than it does in the pic!

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ought ten posted:

Always bigger than they look. Is that the big lump pretty close to the lift line? There are a few good/bad drops back there.

Yup that one is pretty close to the lift line. Lots of fun back there! I ended up ordering a Fish 3D for the powder days. Now it's time to pray to the weather gods.

One of the lift rides up there was a group of 6 ski patrol at the big rock under the lift, I think it's called Hollywood? I think they were doing some training, adjusting the ropes and tightening the pad on the lift support. One of the patrollers tipped over and fell into the powder, much to the delight of everybody watching them from the lift. The lead patroller had a good laugh and told them everybody needs to be nice to the new guys

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Kirkwood supposed to get 17" today and 27" on Saturday.

I'm driving up Friday night. My Fish 3D is getting delivered tomorrow. Lets fuckin gooooo

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

regulargonzalez posted:

Going to Telluride for the first time this Friday, any recommendations for best runs?

Oak Street Lift to Plunge Lift, then take See Forever alllll the way down to Village Express. The views are EPIC. Then take Village Express to Polar Queen for some more epic views near Bon Vivant. They have a really nice bathroom right there too. These are all intermediate runs IIRC, super fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Math You posted:

My smith I/OXs began disintegrating this season. I've used some super glue to get me through but it appears they are toast.
The cowards at Smith appear to have discontinued them, too. Sucks cause I invested into a couple extra lenses.. they wouldn't happen to be compatible with any of the newer smith models, would they?

Edit: just got some 4d mags on clearance. Figured if I get the newest hottest thing they might still be around when they die

I have heard Smith is good about sending you a replacement if you contact them about it, I have not tried this myself yet though.