Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So like the spooky movie thread, I’ve set a goal of 35 movies until this thing is shuttered. I watched my first “official” movie for the countdown last night, and this list will mostly consist of things I’ve been putting off.

1. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters: I was really not expecting the narrative turn going into it, but once you realize that it’s written by Paul Shrader the direction makes sense. It’s based off of a real person and is produced by Coppola and Lucas, with an all Japanese cast. Gorgeous, stylized (my roommate kept referring to the look as “city pop”). 8.5/10

Short 1: Old Man: an animated phone call from Charles Manson in prison. It’s six minutes long and has cool visuals. Recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

General Dog posted:

I'm in the middle of Tokyo Twilight now, and I've already seen Tokyo Story. Any other essential Ozu I should catch?

Late Spring is dope. People like Good Morning.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Andrei Rublev