Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ChrisBTY posted:

Alright.
Is there anybody that anybody here would be happy to see as the Browns HC?
Because this is working into my theory of 'at any given time the number of people on this earth qualified to be NFL head coaches can be counted on your fingers'
Jimmy Haslam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Another really bad former Bengals coaches news Paul Alexander was fired by the Cowboys already.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To everybody linking the Bengals to Hugh Jackson you might want to slow your roll. the dude did just get fired, is probably still being paid for another couple years and just had a death in the family.

He might want to be the assistant to the assistant running backs coach -like he did when he got canned from Oakland here- but I kind of doubt it.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

No one could have anticipated this shocking development!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
It's gotta be Rob Ryan. They can pay him in gift certificates to Flying J!

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Kirios posted:

Every time you think they've turned it around they go and out-Browns themselves.

Who pushed out Josh Gordon? Hue or Dorsey?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mr. BT posted:

Who pushed out Josh Gordon? Hue or Dorsey?

Gordon. Bill probably called him and went "Hey, you wanna do Brady2Gordon and go to the HOF? Do iiiiiiitttt." and Josh worked himself out.

Also seeing him in person as he came into the steakhouse, he's a tall guy and dresses real well for a date.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The AI from Madden 19.

I'd rather have this than Clay Helton. Now they're saying they might try to get Hue at USC. Oh boy.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Gatts posted:

Gordon. Bill probably called him and went "Hey, you wanna do Brady2Gordon and go to the HOF? Do iiiiiiitttt." and Josh worked himself out.

Every time that guy puts up 100 yards, I'd be furious as a Browns exec. How many years did he have left?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mr. BT posted:

Every time that guy puts up 100 yards, I'd be furious as a Browns exec. How many years did he have left?

2 more as an RFA

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ChrisBTY posted:

Alright.
Is there anybody that anybody here would be happy to see as the Browns HC?
Because this is working into my theory of 'at any given time the number of people on this earth qualified to be NFL head coaches can be counted on your fingers'

Baker as player/coach, gonna be the next Curly Lambeau.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Baker as player/coach, gonna be the next Curly Lambeau.

Lincoln Riley would be fun. Says me, a person who doesn't care if it would actually work out at all. If it did it would be totally awesome and Baker would be slinging the ball all over the field.

It probably wouldn't work out.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

2 more as an RFA

Apparently he was kept off the field tonight because of "tardiness" - -

After the report today that the 49ers used to play games high during the Harbaugh era (and they made the NFC Championship during it), I think they should all be allowed to smoke before, during and after games.

I would not be a very good head coach. Even if I went 0-16, though, I'd only tie Hue.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I hope the Browns hire Jim Harbaugh and he takes them to the playoffs this year and the AFC Championship next year.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

gonna hire a man who is winless in harbowls(0-3) to lose to his better brother twice a year dang what a personal 9/11 for jim harbaugh

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

OneMoreTime posted:

There's nothing in the rules that says a dog can't be head coach.

A dog would poop on the sidelines

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Strobe posted:

I hope the Browns hire Jim Harbaugh and he takes them to the playoffs this year and the AFC Championship next year.

I'd be into that but the dude is on loving edge as gently caress. I don't know how he'd mesh with the team.......or ownership or whatever.

What if we got a sickly kid patient as a coach who every game said "Do it for me. Or I die." ? Would that work.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

sponges posted:

A dog would poop on the sidelines

Hue Jackson put it on the field

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I'd be into that but the dude is on loving edge as gently caress. I don't know how he'd mesh with the team.......or ownership or whatever.

What if we got a sickly kid patient as a coach who every game said "Do it for me. Or I die." ? Would that work.

Depends on how extremist you are when it comes to solving overpopulation.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Eifert Posting posted:

Depends on how extremist you are when it comes to solving overpopulation.

Malthus has had a bad track record

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
John Fox to the Browns make it happen. Think of all the really good practices they will have.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

The new head coach should be Cajuste’s dad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hue was trying to find Todd Haley to fire him when he was fired.

https://twitter.com/chadp71/status/1057274572221935621

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Kalli posted:

Do head coaches have the ability to fire coordinators?

Is this one of those case-by-case situations where some coaches have front office power too?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Slowpoke! posted:

Do head coaches have the ability to fire coordinators?

Is this one of those case-by-case situations where some coaches have front office power too?

I would think ideally your head coach hires his assistants and likes and works well with them. And fires them if necessary.

I would also think there was nothing ideal about the Browns or working with Hue in general. And if there was anything good about it Todd Haley would be the type to throw a wrench in things for the hell of it.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Kalli posted:

meh, it's Grossi so take it with a grain of salt. and from whoever chadp71 is.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

schmug posted:

meh, it's Grossi so take it with a grain of salt.

Sorry, it's been said, so now Hue and Haley were re-enacting that home invasion scene from Patriot Games all over the Browns' offices until Hue was captured and fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

Kalli posted:

Sorry, it's been said, so now Hue and Haley were re-enacting that home invasion scene from Patriot Games all over the Browns' offices until Hue was captured and fired.

I want to believe

• Locked thread