Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

it would be amusing if the memory is replaceable but the storage isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

vodkat posted:

I don’t get why you would need a big ssd on a Mac mini, just buy an external hardrive with a few tb for whatever awful photos or anime you desperately need to hang onto
How big is the macos base install

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
should i get a macbook air OR should i get a ipad pro w/ the pencil and keyboard case OR should i stab myself in the face and balls

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

the t2 chip means you can't replace the internal storage

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kirk posted:

should i get a macbook air OR should i get a ipad pro w/ the pencil and keyboard case OR should i stab myself in the face and balls

400 bucks usd gets you the 6th gen prolepad and an apple pencil. aint nobody need a 12.7 inch tablet that can mine dogecoin

tldr: if yr gonna spend money on this refresh, get a new mba first, then maybe a mini

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah the regular ipad is a great deal for the price and you probably don't have a need for a hugepad.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

r u ready to WALK posted:

prepare to be amused

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonny 290 posted:

400 bucks usd gets you the 6th gen prolepad and an apple pencil. aint nobody need a 12.7 inch tablet that can mine dogecoin

tldr: if yr gonna spend money on this refresh, get a new mba first, then maybe a mini

if you’re getting a ipad and a pencil to draw then I’m gonna rec the 10.5” as the minimum size you want or maybe a 12.9” first or second gen. 9.7” feels rather cramped for my tastes

if for some reason you’re spending 100 buckaroos on a pencil and you’re goal isn’t drawing then go hog wild I guess

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Kirk posted:

why not all three

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kirk posted:

we do not promote self-harm in yospos, so none of the above

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The_Franz posted:

they're prob going to eventually discontinue the mac pro and tell people just to stack mac minis

hell, how does the new mini stack against the pro? i mean aren't you basically only missing the GPU at that point?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

hell, how does the new mini stack

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i hate how cool i think it looks.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

wonder how hot the middle one will get

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

nice

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my bitter bi rival posted:

i hate how cool i think it looks.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i'm in a weird time zone so i missed the apple talk.

is the new Air better than a 2015 Macook?

i need it for web dev and also screen sharing and currently any video conferencing makes my web dev slow down to the point it looks like it's just frozen.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ok i'm watching the recording

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
yeah its better

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

im not sure its any better than the 2018 macbook tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

it has two ports and touchid which is actually somewhat useful.

• Locked thread