Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/

expectations - iphone ecks-style ipad pro with usb c, $999+ retinal air macbook with touch id, mac mini, ipad mini, apple pencil you can stroke, the weird macbook, imac
rumours - airpower (lmao), airpods 2, (i)mac pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

i'm thinking about the same for what will come out. really hope to see a new mac pro and maybe something brand new because that would be Xciting imho

awaiting to see the audience in standing ovation that the new mac pro is not a cylinder

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the 2019 mac mini is going to be a bouquet of apple iphones excess max strapped to a 40mm fan

dongles as far as the eye can see

only $2,499. incredible.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the new mac book air will be an ipad pro with a permanent keyboard but no touch screen. you can use the ipencil on the touch pad tho. also maybe the entire keyboard is a touch pad. one lightning port for charging + dongles.

new cloud xcode build service so you don't have to buy mini macs.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
partnership with some companies for apple resold dongles + docking stations + external enclosures

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
tim decided to have the event in new york because i guess hes sick of silicon valley people. thats fair enough but it means that it starts at a stupid hour so i will be at work and unable to post freely (i will still post)

this is the worst thing an apple ceo has ever done to me. tim out immediately

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ipad pro with usb c

lol never gonna happen, likewise for iphone

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

"The future is haptic feedback." #woah #wow

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

wait does intel even have the cpus that apple wants to be a significant upgrade yet?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Good Sphere posted:

"The future is haptic feedback." #woah #wow

cursed image

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Good Sphere posted:

wait does intel even have the cpus that apple wants to be a significant upgrade yet?

what do you mean

SO DEMANDING posted:

even kmc is floating usbc afaik, and he usually is quite close

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

logging forward to seeing all the great new watch straps Jony cooked up for us :)

Good Sphere posted:

wait does intel even have the cpus
it's 2018 the answer is no

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what do you mean

what i mean is that lately macbooks have had very small improvements lately between releases, and last time i've heard intel would not have a processor ready with significant improvements for new macbooks. of course though, this is a rumor i've heard from THE VERGE and probably holds little to no merit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the cannon lake 10nm architecture that was supposed to come out in 2016 was delayed to 2018 then to 2019 then to "second half of 2019" and might now possibly be cancelled

so no intel doesn't have the cpus apple wants, but it does have new lines of cpus (that don't have the big power/efficiency improvements) that apple will have to use if it wants to upgrade its line

or MacBook ARM, idk

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Good Sphere posted:

what i mean is that lately macbooks have had very small improvements lately between releases, and last time i've heard intel would not have a processor ready with significant improvements for new macbooks. of course though, this is a rumor i've heard from THE VERGE and probably holds little to no merit

idk, this year's macbooks pro have cutting edge intel cpus, so i don't see why any other new macbooks wouldn't have them. as to processor growth slowing down in general - that's unrelated, imo

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

The 8th gen "everyone gets more cores" was a nice bump, but that's it.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
serious prediction: new designs for ipads pro and regular

riskier prediction: merging the macbook tiny and macbook air into a thin compute with better screen and terrible keyboard

Lol prediction: dongle-pus Mac pro - a core with room for eight thunderbolt peripherals

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bring back the mac-zillam, tim!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
arm T3 processor in new MacBook to be more powerful than the intel cpu inside it.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

They'd better not announce a hardware upgrade on the iPhone SE, since the one I bought arrives tonight

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

They'd better not announce a hardware upgrade on the iPhone SE, since the one I bought arrives tonight

don’t worry they won’t do that any time soon

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Maximo Roboto posted:

they wont

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The next-gen SE will be named XE and have no home button or headphone jack and measure a svelte 4.7 inches

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
after the Oct 30 event I'm gonna be so pumped ill slam a Mac mini into the window of a restaurant and scream HOW BOUT THEM APPLES at the patrons

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SO DEMANDING posted:

it's already been leaked/announced

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

universal usb-c would be nice

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

a genuine surprise would be nice

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Maximo Roboto posted:

The next-gen SE will be named XE and have no home button or headphone jack and measure a svelte 4.7 inches

i still believe, op. release the sex timb

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

SRQ posted:

universal usb-c would be nice

there are too many skus for this to ever happen

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ground floor

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Tim, don’t let me down

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Skim Milk posted:

ground floor

stickied and ready 2 go

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

release the trim pad pro, this air 1 is getting old but still nice and i just want a new gizmo

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

after the Oct 30 event I'm gonna be so pumped ill slam a Mac mini into the window of a restaurant and scream HOW BOUT THEM APPLES at the patrons

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that thing would cost less to repair than the durex edition keyboards lol

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

fart simpson posted:

i still believe, op. release the sex timb

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
calling a kickass new imac with a better screen with true tone and 100 hz and the vesa mount system from the imac pro

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Skim Milk posted:

ground floor

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ill take one pair of ipx7 airpods with better sound

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Shaggar posted:

new cloud xcode build service so you don't have to buy mini macs.

they should just resell azure devops at a 3x markup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
new macbook with 1 usb-c connector and a 1 vga connector

• Locked thread