Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Got my bits from Ramshackle Games. I ordered both the Car Conversion Set and the Larger Scale Crew sets, and boy howdy there is some size difference :v:

Doesn't really matter because it's the post-apocalyptic wasteland. Some of the crew can be smaller mutants or something.

Guess I'll need to throw some more weapons beyond a molotov chucker on the flatbed! Time to get the rulebook and see what's what!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Der Shovel posted:

Got my bits from Ramshackle Games. I ordered both the Car Conversion Set and the Larger Scale Crew sets, and boy howdy there is some size difference :v:

Doesn't really matter because it's the post-apocalyptic wasteland. Some of the crew can be smaller mutants or something.

Guess I'll need to throw some more weapons beyond a molotov chucker on the flatbed! Time to get the rulebook and see what's what!

Nice cars!

Looking at TX 3 the Highway Patrol seems interesting. The PIT maneuver is very tempting. We are having a 25 can death race tonight and this is my vehicle.

Sponsor: Highway Patrol [TX3]
Vehicle: Ice-cream truck [TX3]
Weapon: Sludge thrower [TX2], Oil slick, Smoke, Caltrops, Steel Nets [TX2]
Perks: Hell for leather, Time Extended, Louder Siren[TX3], PIT[TX3]

After finishing the Zombie Bash we did note that it sucks when one player gets more than 50% of the zombies, they just drive off the table and win. It's a little anticlimactic. I'm wondering how to make the game mode more enjoyable without adding too many fiddly rules.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 30, 2018

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Finished the death race. The Highway Patrol is fun. I only managed one PIT maneuver but it was so satisfying. The loud siren is also really nice.

My friend that plays Warden with battle hammer, ram, lunatic crew, with grenades kicked rear end again. Battle hammer is hard to play against.

Another player had a bike that rolled 7 dice every round and they chrome whispered until they got the dice they wanted and used the shifts to cancel the hazards of chrome whisperer. He splatted as soon as he got near the warden car, but his dice rolling was silly and looked suspicious AF. Though when I payed attention he was playing correctly, it just smelled like cheating from a distance. Seeing that many rerolls just looks really weird.

I will say an eight player race might be too crowded. 2-4 player Gaslands, best Gaslands.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Any sponsers you'd recommend for introducing people to the game? I've been thinking Rutherford seems like the most straightforward faction.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
What size is the table supposed to be in Hotwheels / 1:64 scale?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Springfield Fatts posted:

What size is the table supposed to be in Hotwheels / 1:64 scale?

4*4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hmm, would the loudspeakers have any actual in-game function or should I slap on some actual weapons as well? The closest I could find to anything sonic was the hypno gun.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Any sponsers you'd recommend for introducing people to the game? I've been thinking Rutherford seems like the most straightforward faction.

miyazaki is the most noob friendly as the free push it reroll really helps.

Frankly any core faction should work, maybe skipping Mishkin.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Kindle version of the Gaslands rulebook is $1.99 today!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Very early WIP of the General Sherman

I need to decide which flag to put on the roof. I can either do the 36 star American flag in use at the end of the Civil War, or I can try to recreate General Sherman's camp flag, which is an eagle and some banners. I'm torn which one would look better, and both would be equally difficult.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do the period appropriate Union Flag, if for no other reason than I always see modern flags on General Grants.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

PoptartsNinja posted:

Very early WIP of the General Sherman

I need to decide which flag to put on the roof. I can either do the 36 star American flag in use at the end of the Civil War, or I can try to recreate General Sherman's camp flag, which is an eagle and some banners. I'm torn which one would look better, and both would be equally difficult.

For something like a flag, you might want to try printing your own waterslide decals. I've never done it but I think Marty from Marty's Matchbox Makeovers alluded to it once.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If it looked flawless it wouldn't be Gaslands.

This is as far as I'm getting tonight, but I'm pretty satisfied with it. Still some touch-ups to do, and then weathering, but I like the broken/rattletrap look.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's been seven days. Here's the final version!

Forward- and rear-mounted flamethrowers, molotovs, the General Sherman is all about setting things on fire.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Our group is trying out Gaslands so I'm trying to convert some hotwheels. I painted a minimally converted hot rod to try and get an idea of how to weather it and I like how it turned out.

I want to do more extreme conversions but its not something I have a lot of experience with at this scale.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Amazing! matchbox car modding and painting is a really good way to practice

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Got a second gaslands racer converted and painted. I think I like the dusty look on this one better than the last one that is just scraped and battered.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Finally got around to finishing up one of the hotrods.

Like the others, it's got a magnetised weapon mount

Went for a more saturated base colour, with the red tying it to the rest of the team.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Been having fun so far with performance cars and just racing circles around people but sometimes I just wanna smash.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but this guy on Thingiverse has a bunch of Gaslands bitz and terrain available to download and print (if you have access to a 3D Printer) - https://www.thingiverse.com/sablebadger/designs

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but this guy on Thingiverse has a bunch of Gaslands bitz and terrain available to download and print (if you have access to a 3D Printer) - https://www.thingiverse.com/sablebadger/designs

I have used these designs. https://www.thingiverse.com/h0unskull/designs The rams and bumpers are great, everything else is of varying quality from ok to good. The scale can a bit wonky. I think the engines and blowers are too big, but that might just be me.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I got a prison car

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Chance II posted:

I got a prison car

I feel like I should recognize those bits above the windscreen. Where are they from?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Indolent Bastard posted:

I feel like I should recognize those bits above the windscreen. Where are they from?

Rhino lights? Most of the bits look like 40k.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I don't actually know since a friend did the converting while I did the painting. I know he said that he was going through his old 40k bits box so it's probably an old rear end rhino bit.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

That's why I recognize them. Thanks. Nice work btw.

I really need to get back to my painting bench. I have a primed tank just waiting for paint, a monster truck that needs assembly now that it is primed, plus dozens other cars that deserve better than disassembly, stripping, then being neglected. :(

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Gaslands is my project to do when I burnout painting war game infantry. Knock one out here and there and relax. No having the paint the same thing 10 times.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is gaslands only really played at 1/67 (or whatever Hot Wheels/Matchbox “scale” is supposed to be)?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That's the 'official' scale but you can play at other sizes so long as everyone's on board. I've seen some online discussion somewhere about Micro Machines and smaller templates for a 'travel' version.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Zark the Damned posted:

That's the 'official' scale but you can play at other sizes so long as everyone's on board. I've seen some online discussion somewhere about Micro Machines and smaller templates for a 'travel' version.

MicroArmor or nothin’!

:colbert:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

There are also madmen playing at 28mm with 40k vehicles.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/gaslands_game/status/1108767467726401536?s=19

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
buying the gently caress out of that

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Guys, guys, guys! I actually played a game!

The start of the zombie bash

Mid match

It ended with a score of 10 to 9 to 7 to 2

It was a fun match that was improved with a time limit rather than clearing the board.

I also have some WIP of my tank

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Indolent Bastard posted:

I also have some WIP of my tank

That thing is righteous.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Impulse purchased a 5 pack of Hot Wheels Hot Trucks and a hobby tool kit off eBay.

Gaslands seems like the perfect match to my non-existent painting skills. I just need to convince some friends to play, because I don't think it's known here in Melbourne, Australia at all.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
A good feature is you can easily make two forces and treat it more like a board game where you provide everything

Frog of War
May 1, 2008
What's the best source of guns/gribbly bits for use with customising your vehicles?

I have a bunch of hot wheels stripped and undercoated, but need some more bitz!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Frog of War posted:

What's the best source of guns/gribbly bits for use with customising your vehicles?

I have a bunch of hot wheels stripped and undercoated, but need some more bitz!

Your friends Warhammer 40K and/or Team Yankee bitz box, or if you have access to a 3D printer Thingiverse.

That said. I don't often like how guns look on cars and tend to avoid them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Aliexpress can help, if, like me, you don't have minisgame friends or a 3d printer.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lot....27424c4d24C8n0

Also, have a nice guide to DIY-ing them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/08wpsptthziwmhm/Weapons%20for%20Hot%20Wheels%20Cars.pdf?dl=0