Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Here they are: Gaslands Hollow Point Dice Resin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Made a Slime sponsored buggy:

Also magnetized the gun:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I got some weathering powder but you basically can't see it after varnishing. How do you guys deal with this? It's for dirt, I'm doing rust with sponges.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
You can apply it again after you varnish. Just really work it in, it'll stay on if you don't mess with it too much. You could also get some pigment fixer, but it'll also kill the dusty look somewhat.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

a7m2 posted:

Made a Slime sponsored buggy:

Also magnetized the gun:

Sweet ride. VW beetles are the best buggies.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Sweet ride. VW beetles are the best buggies.

Thanks! Yeah I started with different buggies but now I think I'm sticking with beetles for buggies because they look great.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Another Slime buggy.

Planning on making a 50 can Slime team of three armored buggies with side rams and rear drive to make the most of their fun sounding Pinball ability.

I also played another game. Still without teams but I think we're ready to do the full game now. I'll try to write up a battle report tomorrow.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I hope nobody is bothered by me bumping this thread, but I just like showing off my creations! They're just so much fun to make. I didn't get around to posting my battle report since I've been so busy with work, but I've got another game tomorrow so hopefully then!

My wife's Verney sponsored truck, with an improvised sludge thrower. I'm actually a little scared of playing against this thing, I need to make sure to keep well out of range of it.

I had to lift up the car so the legs would fit, since I didn't have the tools to cut the metal. I think it works well. I also went for a more freshly scratched than rusted look (though there's still rust) though it doesn't show very well in the photos, it's way more prominent in person.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

a7m2 posted:

I hope nobody is bothered by me bumping this thread, but I just like showing off my creations!

I知 just lurking but I知 here for the photos of awesome custom cars :)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I have this thread bookmarked for the future so I can ask questions on how to do regular 1:64 diecast conversions. Putties and paints and tools and all that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snowy posted:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Crossposting my gaslands from the mini painting thread:

Bogan Krkic posted:

Similar aesthetic but not quite as meaty

These ones have all been finalists or winners for the Australian gaslands painting comp:

I don't actually play enough to know what to do with all these cars now though...

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Does the Buzoku (??) truck come from the package like that? Or was that fabricated from multiple vehicles?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

It's a tooned Silverado and a raijin express mashed together. This is the prototype, you can see the joins and cuts a bit better on it

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Those are all cool as hell

:iia:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Snowy posted:

:yossame:

Bogan Krkic posted:

Crossposting my gaslands from the mini painting thread:

I don't actually play enough to know what to do with all these cars now though...

:tviv:

Is that a...a....Human Centi-car?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

AndyElusive posted:

:yossame:

:tviv:

Is that a...a....Human Centi-car?

Hell yeah it is, I call it the Honda Centipede. Breaks down into 3 little cars still too

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Oh my god they're all incredible

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Defacing my actual car with my niche hobby interests.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
A time honored tradition.
Now glue a tiny machine gun onto the hood.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Done and dusted. Literally, I was waiting to spray them with a bit of dust before I called them finished.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

loving wicked.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

So sick, the armored wheels on the Vette are great

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I'm on a roll.

I have to say, a 3d printer really opens up what you can do for Gaslands cars.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 19, 2023

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Just finished my first real diorama project. Was originally building it with a view to being tabletop terrain for gaslands but accidentally got way too detailed with it all

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

That's absolutely incredible

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
That all totally kicks rear end.

Solar Energy? :argh: Who needs the sun when you've got gasoline??

I made a buncha little signs based on this video and I wish I thought of this. Just awesome.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Magnetic North posted:

I made a buncha little signs based on this video and I wish I thought of this. Just awesome.

Haha, I watched so many Luke Towan vids while making this. Ended up just painting the back of my printed signs silver rather than using his can technique in the end though

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

No weapons so maybe not strictly gaslands, but slammed and detailed the first gen civic castings from matchbox and hot wheels. Pretty pleased with how they both came out

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Goddamn this thread blows me away.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Waiting for my Rulebook to show up, but how easy is this to teach to people who haven't really touched wargaming before?

Gonna get loaded and modify some hot wheels. I'm pumped as hell!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty easy! All movement and measuring is done with the templates, and there aren't really any weird interactions. Collisions might take a little more explanation, but aside from that it's not a big deal.
I also feel like the theme helps the gameplay make sense, in a "It's a car. It goes."-sort of way.
Just don't throw in too many different weapons, abilities, or unusual cars.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Stupid excited for this car game. Assembling these was a riot

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Discovered gas lands not too long ago and as it happens a league is starting up in my area.
Did up a test model from a car i bought a walgreens and dang it is fast to do stuff with these. Probably won't put as much crud on my actual team as it looks sorta busy.

I now have more than a dozen hotwheels help me.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 9, 2023

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Discovered gas lands not too long ago and as it happens a league is starting up in my area.
Did up a test model from a car i bought a walgreens and dang it is fast to do stuff with these. Probably won't put as much crud on my actual team as it looks sorta busy.

I now have more than a dozen hotwheels help me.

They are so cheap. I have to have something approaching 100 waiting to be worked on. When you are used to kits that run $30-$200+ $1.25-$1.50 plus some bits is so cheap its easy to go overboard.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Gaslands makes you finally appreciate that one dude at every flea market that only has tubs full of beat up old toy cars and happy meal toys

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Yeah it's funny I balk at paying like $7 for a car when i would like five times as much or more for a GW model just cuz it had certain bits I wanted.

Edit: Finished my Indris team. Well, not the far right poo poo heap that was just my test model but wanted it in the pic

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 13, 2023

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
I've been getting into minis because I think the WH40K orks are really cool, but I have no interest in investing in an army or learning a dense ruleset.
I really like the emphasis on kitbashing and scratchbuilding in Gaslands, and I have several dozen hot wheels from my childhood collection. It also seems like the games are much quicker and way less rule heavy. However, I'm living in NYC and I can't find a group for the life of me. I'm not super concerned because I'm probably moving soon, but the only reason I'd heard of this is because the main FLGS near me when I lived upstate embraced this game.
Given that the OP says FLGS don't generally care for Gaslands because there's no follow up sales, how does one find a group for this?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Ghoul posted:

However, I'm living in NYC and I can't find a group for the life of me. I'm not super concerned because I'm probably moving soon, but the only reason I'd heard of this is because the main FLGS near me when I lived upstate embraced this game.
Given that the OP says FLGS don't generally care for Gaslands because there's no follow up sales, how does one find a group for this?

Out of curiosity, which upstate store was it?

I知 in NYC and wish I could say I壇 start a group but I知 trying to minimize my number of hobbies a little right now so I can focus better. Good luck with the search.

PS post those cars! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Snowy posted:

Out of curiosity, which upstate store was it?

I’m in NYC and wish I could say I’d start a group but I’m trying to minimize my number of hobbies a little right now so I can focus better. Good luck with the search.

PS post those cars! :)

I believe Millennium Games was posting about getting the rule book a while back. That's fair, I'm probably not going to be able to start really playing until after I move this summer. I don't have any cars yet, but Rigor Motor was always my favorite Hot Wheel and I have ideas for a lot of macabre themed Gaslands cars.