Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Gaslands is cool as gently caress and I'm building minis again because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Do y'all take your cars apart to prime them, even without stripping the paint? I'm doing my first batch of spray primes and having to do multiple coats to get the paint in all the nooks and crannies of my cars.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Did my first round of successful priming today, including this Buzzard Beetle! Hoping that all this q-tip plastic stays still when I paint it for real.

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 19, 2018

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TX3 is up for download! A bunch of fun new vehicle types and I like the Highway Patrol sponsor.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Kindle version of the Gaslands rulebook is $1.99 today!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah I’ve used 1:72 scale minis with the cars and they’ve looked pretty solid. People also bandy about HO scale railroad scenery as working with Gaslands cars.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

You can also buy what’s technically referred to as a toothpaste squeezer, which is a set of parallel gears in a handle that’ll let you corrugate your own cardstock or foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

FirstAidKite posted:

This is going to sound dumb but I don't want to buy new cars just to destroy them, I'd rather recycle someone else's.

Then it’s basically Goodwills or other charity shops. Any other secondary market can’t compete with the price of $1 new cars.

Maybe check to see if the larger bulk packages go on discount at Target?